Forums Latest Members
  1. rhwbg Jan 15, 2020

Hi everyone. I am a long-time lurker who just signed up. This forum is an incredible resource and I appreciate the community.

By way of introduction, here is Dad's 1954 2767-3 SC bumper which was his daily wearer since his brother bought it at a US Army PX in Germany in the late 50's. He just gave it to me as his hand tremors/shaking makes operation of the crown impossible for him (hence the lost crown). omega_2672.jpg

Sidnos and Walrus like this.
  2. Edwinowl Jan 16, 2020

Welcome buddy from Nottingham, UK looks nice and great story

3. janice&fred Jan 16, 2020

oh baby! now THAT'S a nice vintage seamaster!

4. Walrus Jan 16, 2020

Very nice watch. Great family watches

5. timecube Jan 17, 2020

Sorry about your dad. Hope he's still able to manage alright otherwise.
    You (and he) are fortunate though; many heirloom watches (like mine) only seem to show up after the wearer has already passed. :(

rhwbg likes this.
  6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 17, 2020

Welcome to the funny farm.

A word of advice, just take the watch, put in a drawer (preferably with socks) and forget it.

On the other hand, if you manage to get your watch serviced (with a nice new crown), and enjoy wearing/winding (you can wind autos)/looking at/stroking/sleeping next to etc etc............you will become hooked and on the road to becoming a vintage watch tragic.

Good Luck with that.

PS: Forgot to say, you should get your Dad a nice simple quartz watch so he doesn't feel "undressed".

;)

7. rhwbg Jan 17, 2020

Got dad a new watch and he is doing just fine apart from the tremors. The repair is underway so too late to turn back now.

Andy K and timecube like this.
  8. chulyquang Jan 17, 2020

Very nice watch