Forums Latest Members
  1. parafireboy Sep 30, 2021

Hello everyone! Longtime lurker, and finally joined. Thanks for the add! I'm a fire captain / paramedic for a career, and have been a watch buff for years, slowly building my collection. Also interested in watchmaking, slowly building up my watchmaking tool inventory, as I have been SLOWLY learning more and more. I'm enjoying learning how to do basic breakdowns and service on basic movements like the NH35A.

I got my first higher-end watch last year (Tag Heuer Aquaracer quartz). I've got about 20 watches in my collection at present, including a few Omega homages (Pagani Design). Now that I know I love the style of the Omega Seamaster, I saved up and am now in the market for a vintage 300m Bond watch. I looked on eBay a bunch, but it scares me how many fakes there are out there. I saw the recommendation in my lurking about this forum being a good resource, so here I am! I'll be heading over to the sale threads to peruse what's out there.

Good to be here. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone's expertise and experience!

2. Evitzee Sep 30, 2021

Welcome. Buying used watches is a minefield today, try the sales forums here first to get good quality watches that haven't been messed up along the way.

parafireboy likes this.
  3. Boojumhunter Sep 30, 2021

Welcome to the community! I was in a junior volunteer fire brigade a million years ago, and currently in healthcare, so huge respect for the job you do -- thank you for your service. Keep us posted as to your watch journey. And agree that researching and buying here is a really great starting point.

parafireboy likes this.