Greetings from Aroxx

I’ve matched the most recent $375 contributed by 5 members at $0.25 for every $1 contributed for an additional donation of $94.

I'm wondering if the title of this thread is not getting the attention it might otherwise. Greetings from Aroxx sounds a bit like Andy is vacationing on an island. Perhaps there are a lot of members who still are unaware of the need?

Maybe add to the title something noting the GFM for a member?

I'm wondering if the title of this thread is not getting the attention it might otherwise. Greetings from Aroxx sounds a bit like Andy is vacationing on an island. Perhaps there are a lot of members who still are unaware of the need?

Maybe add to the title something noting the GFM for a member?
I’d be happy to suggest an edited title, intro, etc., but that decision is entirely up to the site owners and the mods, all of whom have been very gracious and permitted us to use OF’s platform to link to Alex’s GFM page even though it is typically not allowed.

Agree re: title update👍 What do you guys think is best?

OF Member in Need - Fundraiser Kickstarter Heartstarter Lifestarter - Sign Up Here!

Without getting political.
If this had happened in many other countries, the need to assist with medical costs would be minor compared to what Alex is facing.

It is what it is though, so every small contribution will help get this guy back to riding motor bikes.

Trev, I’m traveling at the moment and won’t be home until Monday morning (USA). Let me give this some thought and consult with JWRosenthal, my partner in do gooding, and we’ll PM you and Ash with our suggested edits to the thread title, intro, etc. If anyone wants to suggest edits, please PM me. Again, thanks to everyone at OF for supporting our efforts to help Alex. -Greg (@gbesq)

If this had happened in many other countries, the need to assist with medical costs would be minor compared to what Alex is facing.
"Help move Aroxx to Australia"?

Really impressed by the community here. This is the kind of people you want at your back when a problem arises.

I hope the treatment plan bears fruit, and that Aroxx regains speech and movement again completely. I imagine this will be a very step-by-step thing, but may each step bring him one step closer to the goal.

Like pnn moon

It is what it is though, so every small contribution will help get this guy back to riding motor bikes.
It’s not just medical there are a lot of other costs that occur with unexpected illnesses you don’t think of until it happens. But I digress, our healthcare system is not perfect perhaps a perfect one exists I’m not aware of.

It could be helpful to post the link again as it will be lost in the pages
😬😟

It could be helpful to post the link again as it will be lost in the pages
😬😟
I think the original post was updated with the link

I’m working on an updated “retitling” of the thread and the introduction to reach a wider audience of OF members and I’ll be submitting that to the site owners later today for approval. In the meantime, here’s the latest update from Alex’s mother which specifically mentions what will probably be the initial use for the GFM money, so please keep those contributions coming. Again, here’s the link:
https://gofund.me/931c3991

Good to hear from you, Greg! I meant to text you on Sunday, then when I got your text yesterday we were in the middle of a doctor appt. with Alex.
Alex continues to improve with the physical and speech therapy. The strength and range of motion in his right arm is markedly improved although he still doesn’t have movement all the way to his hand (yet!). He’s fairly independent at home with the activities of daily living (ADL) but obviously still needs assistance with some things. He still uses the quad cane when walking.
His speech, and aphasia is still an issue, but is also improving. When his brother, who hadn’t seen him in a week or so came over recently he immediately remarked on what a difference there was in Alex’s speech from the week before. Improving, but still a struggle! The aphasia affects not just his speech, but also his reading comprehension. The written words and letters don’t make sense to his brain - kind of jumbled up like his speech can be.
He had a comprehensive eye exam yesterday with a neuro-ophthalmologist. He has some vision loss in the lower right quadrant and the doctor is prescribing visual rehab therapy. The vision component is where some of the GFM funds might prove useful as I’m not sure how much of that will be covered with insurance. I’ll be filing an insurance claim in any event. Thanks for all your efforts, and to the forum members for their generosity! I will let Alex know about it.
-Martha

Need the vision to see watches, so this looks like an appropriate and justifiable expense of funds….I've worked for the government too long 😖

Given how long this thread has become we’re closing it for now and directing continued discussion about Alex’s recovery and the GoFundMe to this new thread: