Forums Latest Members

greetings can I get a ball park value on this omega automatic geneve deluxe.

1. betov6 Aug 22, 2013

Someone gave it to me and if its valuable I will see if she wants it back

098.PNG

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 22, 2013

I would say two tickets off home base, big philly sandwich, hotdogs if overtime and 6 beers. If you want a valuation in Pounds Sterling converted you have to wait until Spiki sees your post :thumbsup:

3. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Aug 22, 2013

Allow me to translate this hockey-talk: "home base" means home plate, and "overtime" means extra innings.
    Spiki's ballpark estimate will no doubt involve wickets and bowling googlies - you're on your own there. ;)

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Aug 22, 2013

I'm just wondering if you would arrange an introduction to this lady ?
    I don't know these pieces but any lady that gifts a watch is way up in my estimation. ;)

5. Mothra Aug 22, 2013

There's a similar, albeit manual dynamic on ebay with a BIN of £350: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENTS-VIN...MEGA-GENEVE-DYNAMIC-WRIST-WATCH-/181201564880Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Yours is automatic and in better nick, but i think you would be lucky to get £450 if you are in the uk, probably a bit less in the us. As others have said, warren can confirm this, but there seem to be lots of these in good condition and relatively few collectors....

citizenrich likes this.
  6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 22, 2013

I'd say that is in the range.

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 22, 2013

USD 300 - 400 in Jakarta

8. betov6 Aug 22, 2013

Thanks a lot for all the replies, if the watch is worth some amount of money, I would have to let the lady know. And return the watch, if she wanted it back. But I have no idea what it's worth. So thanks for all your help.

9. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Aug 22, 2013

this all seems so random.

10. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 22, 2013

Not really. I learned different location has different preference and price point.
    In general for lower end (below or around usd 500) vintage watch the price from highest to lowest are: Australia, UK, Europe, US, Asia (well my reference is Jakarta)
    Higher end watch is different story, because it is very few around in Jakarta. The price is generally higher than US and Europe, but still lower than UK.

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 23, 2013

:).........:whistling:

12. betov6 Aug 23, 2013

Hi citizenrich, it's hard too explain is my fascination with the old automatic watches, I do like the way the secondhand sweeps around the dial, other than that I just like them , some people like old cars,some like old guns , I like the watches. The ladies husband died about it 15 years ago, about five years ago she was going through her jewelry box and found the watches ,she asked her son's if they wanted them and they said no. . now five years later I asked her if I can have one,and she said sure. now if find out it may have some value I feel obligated to let her know so that I am not taken advantage her. now you have the rest the story please feel free to ask anything betov6.

13. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 23, 2013

That's a decent thing to do :thumbsup:. If I were you I will offer her to buy it. She does not have interest in the watch after all. The watch looks very nice. The case is unpolished, the dial is original and in very good condition. Not too often you will find specimen this fresh.

14. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 23, 2013

All credit to you. That is a very gentlemanly thing to do. There are too many people around these days who would consider it a result that they had got this nice watch at somebody else's expense.

I totally agree with what Privateday has said but would add that, if she won't take anything for it, you should buy her some flowers, chocolates or perfume; something to make her feel a bit special. I'm not suggesting that altruism should have a price, but it shouldn't necessarily go un-rewarded.

15. betov6 Aug 23, 2013

Stewart H I'm trying to come up with a fair price to offer her. but if I try to buy it I think she will tell me to keep it. She did tell me to sell it and we would split the money. That is probably what I"ll end up doing.

16. Hijak Aug 23, 2013

I'm sure you'll find some buyers right here!::popcorn::

17. ulackfocus Aug 23, 2013

Everybody knows I'm a sucker for a blue dial. ::shy::

18. ulackfocus Aug 23, 2013

betov6 - check your messages.

I'm so weak. :oops:

Hijak likes this.
  19. Hijak Aug 23, 2013

A lot of that around...I hear you loud and clear brother!;)

20. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 23, 2013

Looks like I'm late to the party.

It's a very nice condition cal 752 Dynamic. The hands might be later replacements & I'd like to see more pictures of the case - but it looks to be in good shape from your pictures. :thumbsup: