Forums Latest Members
  1. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 26, 2015

Hey guys after much frustration I'm turning to you for help. Could someone recommend some good Gray market dealers for me. I have the list below with the watch I want and the gray market dealers that offer them. Please let me know if you have good experience with any/some of them.

Untitled.jpg
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jul 26, 2015

Look on amazon.com for watches sold by Amazon itself; the Omega watch offerings will be limited but the discounts from MSRP can be substantial. Realize you won't get any papers, and the guarantee is from a third party warranter. Of course Amazon can be trusted to take the watch back if you are not satisfied.

Also try authenticwatches.com, look for Omega "specials". Specials are the only watches they currently have in stock. Again, no papers, and a third party warranty.

Edited Jul 26, 2015
    sengvin likes this.
  3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 26, 2015

There was a guy on WUS, a couple of years ago, who bought a Zenith El Primero Striking 1/10th from amazon. He then proceeded to photograph it under a microscope and it looked like something that had been thrown together from parts retrieved from the bin in the QA department.

I'm not saying that everything from Amazon is like this, nor am I saying that this is symptomatic of the "grey market" but often there can be a reason why these things are cheap.

IMHO, you are better off buying a used watch. It's like cars; if you can't afford to take the depreciation hit, then buy it after a few years and let someone else take that hit.

4. alam Jul 26, 2015

Not sure where you reside, but I purchased my Explorer II from Alan Furman, I was able to see in person the entire package before the final transaction was made. http://www.alanfurman.com/?gclid=COjE57338aMCFeh25Qod6DDa4A No regrets!

5. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Jul 26, 2015

Why not go to an AD and try for a discount that is exactly what I did and with a couple of tries and some patience I got my deal. Reading your earlier post about your eBay experience I would make it a bit simpler but maybe slightly dearer. Failing that I would reach out to kringkily for a quality used one.

STANDY likes this.
  6. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 26, 2015

Yep I just did that $8500 ;). Only two available in US , I'm also working on it with Kringkily

7. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 26, 2015

Maybe I should get Casio lol that I can afford for sure lol

8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 26, 2015

Authenticwatches is good..jomashop ok, jazz time sucks. Swissluxurywatches ok

9. guelerct Jul 26, 2015

Out of curiosity
    What model are you looking for?

10. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 26, 2015

11. OmegaSean Jul 27, 2015

This watch is discontinued in the UK but the cheapest price I could find when it was available was £4650 = around $7000 if you can source a mint second hand one the price might be lower but it appears to me their are not many around ???
    OmegaSean

12. OmegaSean Jul 27, 2015

13. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 27, 2015

14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 27, 2015

It's an open market, much like eBay, so it depends on the seller. Reach set directly and ask your questions. He's in Italy so not as easy to track down if it's a dud. Pay through PayPal ( invoiced)

15. OmegaSean Jul 27, 2015

Get him to email pictures of the actual watch in the shop. You could also ask in here any members near the shop to go and look at it you would be surprised how helpful members on here are
    OmegaSean

Nobel Prize likes this.
  16. eustace Jul 27, 2015

Do you have any specifics on your issue with jaztime? The have popped up on my radar a few times and I know nothing about them.

17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 27, 2015

They just never have stuff on stock even when they say they do but they wait until you've paid to tell you and they're just about the unfriendliest bunch when it comes to costumer care. Basically they're right at the bottom of the barrel for me. Twice I tried them and twice I had to cancel the transaction.

18. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 27, 2015

Hmm interesting thank you, but I have checked the feedback and so far not very good