Forums Latest Members
  1. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 13, 2013

I think it is about moderation and self restrain. Gold is the ultimate symbol of luxury. The rule objective is to discourage man from become obsessing in putting luxury symbol to himself, which will make him less sensitive on other less fortunate needs.

A man/woman still can store gold, but then every year they had to give to needy (zakat) at the rate of 2.5% of your Gold value.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 13, 2013

Does that apply to Lambos and Ferrari's in Dubai? ;)

3. Wheels Mar 13, 2013

Thanks PD7. I've learned something new!

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 13, 2013

So, what about all those watches with various Muslim emir's faces on them....

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 13, 2013

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 13, 2013

Well no specific rule on car so everything's fair :D

Look .......similar with all other religion there are follower who follows the rule and others who choose not to. It is not immune to the Emir's.
    Beside this 'men not wearing gold' rule is not key rules like ten commandments for Jew. It is not even put in the Qur'an (the holy book) but rather an example by prophet. Many interpretations of this rule depends on who religion leaders/ sect that you follow.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 13, 2013

My post was stirring a bit.... I am genuinely interested, I find theology, especially comparative theology very interesting. Hence my second post with a link to a website explaining it.

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 13, 2013

Interesting interpretation...... but surely there are slightly different other opinions around on why it is prohibited.

Anyway enough with thread hijacking...........let's put the track back to date at 6 Seamaster ...........;)

9. Helvetia History Mar 14, 2013

Hello Gator,

Here is mine. Very similar to yours. I have noticed that yours and mine both have short second hands and several I have seen pictures of also seem to have short second hands. I assumed I had the wrong hand. Do you think that this is correct or just that date at 6 Seamasters have had a spate of wrong seconds hands fitted!

Thanks.

355-2.JPG

355-1.JPG

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 14, 2013

Oh very nice photography!

11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 14, 2013

To be honest, I really don't know. I always thought that mine may have broken, but perhaps that is not the case. I did have the hour/min. hands on mine replaced, as one of them actually did break. My watchmaker took the new hands, buckle and crown to be replated in pink gold.
    gatorcpa

12. Helvetia History Mar 14, 2013

Perhaps I've just noticed other Seamaster date at 6s with short second hands more because of mine! Interesting about getting the hands plated. I've a stainless Seamaster, silver sunburst dial and pink gold markers but yellow gold hands. Might give it a try.

Thanks.