Forums Latest Members

GoodPlanet PO - any owners/former owners among us?

1. tyrantlizardrex Apr 27, 2016

Having discounted half the new luxury watches available, and almost decided that I "need" a Rolex Explorer II, I was browsing through the omega sure and came across this:

image.jpeg

http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/planet-ocean-600m/co-axial-gmt-435/23230442203001/

They can be picked up heavily discounted... It has the GMT complication that I'd like.

Yet to have one on the wrist... But on paper it looks promising.

Has anyone here got one/ moved one along?

Long term impressions?

Reasons for keeping/getting rid?

readk likes this.
  2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Apr 27, 2016

I have the titanium PO. It's not GMT, but they do do the GMT in titanium, although that's not got the orange accents. The lightness of the titanium makes a huge difference I think. Ok, so I'm not really helping, but you did say you like monkeys.
    (Dammit, just thought I'd check: lemurs aren't monkeys. Sod it, I'm posting it anyway)
    image.jpeg

STANDY, Nitzbar, oddboy and 1 other person like this.
  3. guelerct Apr 27, 2016

This watch is a beast on the wrist compared to the explorer 2. It wears thick and heavy. You would have to try it on to see if it fit well.
    Looks and function are top notch though.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  4. taz101 Apr 27, 2016

Yea i've had it for a while it's really attractive colour wise but is heavy/thick which I used to dislike but i'm down for a Rolex Deepsea D-Blue now so not so bothered :) If you can get it discounted heavily i'd go for it, nice caseback too and awesome wooden display box.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  5. alam Apr 27, 2016

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 27, 2016

best reply ever.

7. SamQue Apr 27, 2016

I have the PO GMT and the Explorer II. Both are great watches. I like the PO because of the variety of Omega deployment straps I can put on it. The Explorer II is a lot lighter and isn't nearly as heavy as the PO, which you probably know. If I could only have one, I would go with the PO GMT.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg