Forums Latest Members
  1. OrangeSeconds Mar 2, 2019

Good day fellow forum members.

Thank you for your courtesy. Hope all is well with you.

This is my Omega. I'm still learning about it. The most curious thing is the orange seconds.

20190220_060303.png

The vintage omega world is interesting to me. So much to learn.

Wishing you all the best day.

Peace,
    OS

2. Folgono Mar 2, 2019

Hi, I believe the reference is 168.022 with caliber 563 or 564 inside.
    I have a doubt concerning the originality of the handset; this reference usually have gold hands with a regular thin gold secondhand. However I've seen a few with this handset so I believe it could be original.

Is it solid gold ?

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. OrangeSeconds Mar 3, 2019

Yes I have seen reference for these hands to fit the movement. However, likely not this watch. Probably another model using the 563. But numerous examples of ss and several of gold cap 168/166 using the orange seconds. Quite curious. I am happy for it. Very unique look in a era of silver and gold.

The watch is "CD" gold cap on base. The bezel ring is solid 14k. There is still a lot of material there. Perhaps some day I will have the factory brush returned.

There is some Franken here. But enough for me to have the correct movement in the watch with same caseback and case. Hands and dial match good enough. Dial is correct to be non chrono. Everything is tritium. The watch has a cool look.

Edited Mar 3, 2019
  4. Pvt-Public Mar 3, 2019

On my stainless 166.028 the seconds hand is red. It also has a 563 movement.
    IMG_0438.JPG

5. Folgono Mar 3, 2019

God, dark hands + red/orange secondhand + silver sparkle dial and bracelet is definitely the sweetest combo on this ref. I need one of these. ::love::