Forums Latest Members
  1. incabloc Apr 19, 2015

I have the chance to get one of the very rare Crater Boxes for the 18k 1969 Speedy....but it costs me a superb blue Crater and a also unused Flightmaster Box...would you do it or not.

13076572xi.jpg 13076574up.jpg
    IMG_0352.JPG

Etp095 likes this.
  2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 19, 2015

IMO, it all depends on whether or not you have (or are intending to get) the watches to go with the boxes - no point having homeless watches if you don't have to. That is unless you collect boxes rather than watches.

If you do (or are) then you are more likely to be able to find replacements for the two you have than the one for the goldie.

justwatching likes this.
  3. justwatching Apr 20, 2015

Good point! That was exactly what I was about to say

4. incabloc Apr 21, 2015

thank's, it is a good point, at the moment i have the watches for all this boxes. I will go for the goldie box, i think a chance to get one of this will not come back soon.

5. labo Nov 2, 2015

you sell the box of Flightmaster?
    maybe the cash helps your transaction ...

6. ulackfocus Nov 2, 2015

I always factor the ease of replacement into the equation as well as value. If you can replace the two your giving away easier than the one you'll be getting, and the value is about equal on both ends, then do the trade.

7. abrod520 Nov 2, 2015

New members keep digging up old posts, wonder if it's because of the search fuction?

Either way - now that this dead old thread has been resurrected, can the OP update us on whether or not he got the box / got the BA145 to go with it? ;)

8. labo Nov 2, 2015

if I may, how do you rate the box for Flightmaster?

9. incabloc Nov 2, 2015

I got the watch and the box :)....

IMG_1029.JPG IMG_1030.JPG

10. abrod520 Nov 2, 2015

Nice! So there is a point to digging up old threads after all :D

ulackfocus and Spacefruit like this.
  11. Brench Nov 3, 2015

haha, so good choice in the end?

12. cono Dec 19, 2016

Hi there!
    I know it's an old (very old) post but...I'm desperately looking for the box of my 1969 gold speedmaster and maybe...anyone here still have the crater box? I have to try...I know it's difficult but...just a try! Please please...you are the only one hope! (cit)

13. ulackfocus Dec 19, 2016

Necrothreadia. Prophecy from earlier fulfilled:

It's actually because a Google / Bing search led them to this thread.

14. cono Dec 19, 2016

In my case...a friend of mine found the old thread and called me saying "hey, is this the old box you were looking for? Maybe they bought it or maybe not...but what about asking them if anyone still has it and can give it to you?"....so here I am! :)

15. mac_omega Dec 19, 2016

And who are you? Would you mind to introduce yourself?

16. cono Dec 19, 2016

Oh sorry!
    Yes of course...I HAVE to! :)
    So...My name's Emanuele, from Italy. 43yo
    I studied Aeronautical Engineering but got a master degree in Information Science even if I still have the "passion" for everything about aeronautical and Space. I work in the ITC world but when I'm able to spend money and time, I follow my space passion. So, after 9 (yes, NINE) travels in Florida to take pictures at Space Shuttle launches, I began to collect "things" about space. Starting from astronauts signatures...I came to the final "passion"...watches. So, what maison could I choose? ;-) Time ago, a friend of mine (the same who called me for the crater box) make me see a particular watch: it was a special Omega Speedmaster. It had the Snoopy on the dial and he told me how rare it was...but I noticed also how expensive it was: 1800 Euros! I said...wow...only crazy people can spend 2k euros for a watch. Well...the story has gone ahead and now I have 9 Omega watches...8 Speedmaster and the Snoopy one is in my collection together with many others...even more rare and expensive like the gold one. Now I have pictures of me with many astronauts, wearing their and mine moonwatch and differently to most of the people who buy luxury watches thinking at their value...well...I buy them for their "historical" value. I never mind about the value in time...I love THAT watch because for me it rapresent something different from money...So I have an Alaska project, a Gemini IV, an Apollo 35th, the Snoopy, An Apollo 20th (with Stafford box) and so on. This is why I'd love to have THAT box...I dont' want to make money...or sell it...I'd like to have it because it would be my love!

So this is me! :)

ahartfie likes this.
  17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 19, 2016

Emanuele, Are you sure you are not a clone of Andy (currently of Napoli) :D You could be long lost brothers
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/spe...ection-the-last-step-history-corrected.25887/:)

18. mac_omega Dec 19, 2016

Emanuele - well done - you are welcome!

And what a passion :thumbsup:

19. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 19, 2016

You are going to fit in well here.

Welcome, what took you so long to find us?

Group shot please :)

daddykc and cicindela like this.
  20. incabloc Dec 19, 2016

Welcome Emanuele, yes group shot please.....:)
    It was a loooong journey untill I found that box. I think you are not the only one who is looking for one.

3 weeks ago, a friend of me bought also a very nice BA....:rolleyes:....unfortunately the box was untraceable

IMG_2315.JPG

bazderome and ahartfie like this.