Forums Latest Members
  1. No.15 Jun 30, 2017

Saturday morning I leave for a trip from Tampa FL to Big Sky MT. This will be, by far, my longest camping trip ever. (miles wise). If you see me on the road give a wave :)
    [​IMG]

2. Vitezi Jun 30, 2017

Nice rig!

3. Canuck Jun 30, 2017

We're headed for a Montana, ourselves. Helena in particular, but also touring the sites in the area. We're there from July 30 to about August 5th. Should I look for your rig?

4. No.15 Jun 30, 2017

We will be heading home by then. We are going to try and hit as many sites as we can, but I am sure there is more on our list than we will get to.

5. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 30, 2017

Nice!

No problems towing that trailer with a f-150?

I towed a 26 ft trailer with my Cayenne S. Finally decided to upgrade to a 2500 GMC.

6. No.15 Jun 30, 2017

I had an F350 with my old trailer and will admit it was much better at this than the 150. The biggest problem with the F150 is the brakes, they just need to put better brakes on these. Everything else is a non issue, power, load etc. That little EcoBoost is a great towing motor, torque comes in low and stays for awhile :). I have roadmaster active suspension on the rear leafs and it helps a ton.

Truth is though, when it comes trade-in time the F250 will be the entry-point.

Taddyangle likes this.
  7. WYO_Watch Jun 30, 2017

Make sure to swing through Wyoming so you can see the the first national monument, first national park, first national forest, etc. etc.!

8. No.15 Jul 1, 2017

We will be in Buffalo visiting a friend, then plan to hit some sights to and from MT. Getting excited leaving in about 1 hour ;)

WYO_Watch likes this.
  9. WYO_Watch Jul 1, 2017

The bighorns are gorgeous too - not roads I want to be hauling on, but you should enjoy it!

10. No.15 Jul 1, 2017

Wow. Day full of traffic and severe rain. Made it to tupelo with my new Bulova rr I need sleep

11. sjg22 Jul 1, 2017

I have a place i share with my brother in Big Sky. Such an awesome and incredible place. As much as I like skiing, I think the summer might be the better time to go.

Some great restaurants as well - the town has gotten bigger and more commercial in the last few years which means lots more options. Let me know if you want a couple of my favourites.

12. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jul 2, 2017

My friend has a ranch (Candy Bar Ranch) in Kailspell-Whitefish, Montana. He hosts an annual Fourth of July party that is way over the top.
    His fireworks display is as gets as it gets anywhere. I'm sure it can be seen for miles around. Let us know if you were able to see it.

Edited Jul 2, 2017
  13. No.15 Jul 2, 2017

I never turn down recommendations from those in the know. Thanks.

We won't be in Montana it time for the fireworks. We will be near Denver on July 4 I think.

Today we stayed at Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas. What a beautiful place. I will try and post pictures later. We trail hiked a few miles to the falls.

14. trackpad Jul 3, 2017

Words never to appear in any country song ever!

15. sjg22 Jul 3, 2017

Some of my favourites:

For BBQ, chicken wings, etc, hard to beat Gallitin Riverhouse - beautiful place to sit outside by the river.

By Word of Mouth - nicer restaurant, good mix of locals and tourists, great food - lots of fresh local stuff.

The bar at the Lone Mountain Ranch - world class ranch style accommodations with beautiful old bar - nice to stop in for a drink. The sleigh ride dinner in the winter is absolutely worth it, with food cooked on a 150 year old stove.

I also like The Corral for a causal but very good steak, the Big Sky golf course is a lovely course to play, the frisbee golf in the meadow is a great hike/walk if you can throw a frisbee, Ousel Falls hiking trail is great and easy to get to, Moonlight basin hiking trail is also great.

There's also great live music throughout the summer in the town centre - worth checking out.

Such an amazing and photogenic place.

16. No.15 Jul 3, 2017

Rough day. We got caught in a tornado storm in Oklahoma. It was literally us and 3 storm chasing trucks. Wind was crazy and I have been in a few hurricanes to compare. It was wild but we managed to escape, I don't know how. Giant hail dented my trailer all up and I swear it was going to break my windshield.. We are in Kansas now at a small rv park licking our wounds and thanking our luck.

Edited Jul 3, 2017
  17. TexOmega Jul 4, 2017

Welcome to Tornado Alley, glad y'all are safe and still mechanically sound. Weather reports are your friend as you hit the mountains, too.

Keep us posted here.

18. No.15 Jul 4, 2017

Yes weather reports will now be a part of my daily prep and maybe more often. Lesson learned.

We are now in Denver where guess what, starting to storm. Rain must be following us. We will be here until Friday when we then go to Buffalo Wyoming. We are supposed to go to a music festival there if we don't bring the rain.

19. TexOmega Jul 4, 2017

Music on the Meadow? Seems that's what they called it. Enjoy, great if no rain

20. No.15 Jul 6, 2017

Spent the day in the Rockies. Kant talks about the sublime and I almost think I get it.

IMG_20170705_185738.jpg

Stupid me left my good camera in the camper but still.

Here is my daughter making fun of me doing a watch shot.
    IMG_20170705_191919.jpg