Forums Latest Members
  1. cristos71 Apr 5, 2013

Hi Guys,

Some of you astute members may have noticed something potentially very nice listed on Ebay.de and finishing last Sunday night.

Terrible pictures, vague description, cash on collection or bank transfer only, no Paypal.

Well I won it and have just an hour ago come back from a round trip of 700km to Hannover.

All will be revealed shortly, as I'm about to take some pictures of a very dirty, fresh to the market, watch and will post them later on.;)

As I haven't seen anybody post about it here or anywhere else, I was wondering was there anyone here who was even following it?

Chris

OK, here's a clue, 18kt watch and 18kt flat link bracelet::love:: ::love::

2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 5, 2013

Grand luxe? If yes then DIBS :)

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2013

Can you post a link to the auction listing?

4. cristos71 Apr 5, 2013

It's not a Grand luxe but a 2954 De Luxe cal 504 on its flat link bracelet, both from 1958.

Which I'm happy to report is as I suspected!

The flat link is almost exactly like the steel 7077 bracelet and has double spring links and a short clasp, but in 18kt!

Some quick shots, pre clean, of many, many years of human detritus,

Needless to say, I think this one is a keeper:)

Chris 045 edit.JPG 051 edit.JPG

MKelley, dsio, JimInOz and 1 other person like this.
  5. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 5, 2013

I don't even remember seeing it.... Lately have been following every gold listing .... Nice find how much did it end

6. ulackfocus Apr 5, 2013

Omega Fever. ::jumpy:: :p

7. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 5, 2013

It's severe than a fever ... Any body have a hot line for watch addiction problem?

8. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Apr 5, 2013

Usually your D.P.O. can help curtail that affliction ;)

And what a nice catch for the OP :thumbsup:

9. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 5, 2013

Saw it but seller refused to ship to me in the US and was too late to make other arrangements. Good buy at 3000 EURO.

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 5, 2013

[​IMG]

11. cristos71 Apr 6, 2013

I was trying to close a COC deal at 2850 before the auction ended but the seller was inexperienced and I think didn't realise he had to stop the auction before it hit 24hrs to go.
    Anyway we ran out of time negotiating and I thought it lost, but decided to watch the auction close anyway. It was at 2300ish with a couple of minutes to go so I hit it with a high bid of 3003 thinking I'd pay the extra but have PayPal security and he could post it to me.

Well I won at 3003(!) my max bid, and only then realised there was no PayPal::facepalm1:: Stupid me had been so busy negotiating with him in Google translate German that I'd failed to notice this earlier.

There was no way I was going for bank transfer as feedback was all low ticket and communication had been very vague and somewhat disconcerting, with the seller telling me only to bring real cash and asking if I was a Romanian gypsy etc,etc.

I was even more worried when I asked for name / telephone numbers/ public meeting place appointment, this took ages to come and he coincidently said he worked in a bank and we could meet there, only at our appointed it would be closed for lunch but he would be waiting for me........

I started to get a little concerned and maybe a little paranoid but went for it, it turned into a perfect transaction with a very nice guy who i think was also worried about being ripped off.

Family piece, came to him from his deceased uncle a few years ago, here's a few more pics after a semi-thorough clean 005 edit.JPG 003.JPG

I actually bought it for the bracelet to finish off my 2853 steeped dial De Luxe Constellation, the intention being to move on the 504 but I must say the 504 is starting to charm me more and more!!

Chris

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 6, 2013

Chris very nice catch and interesting story on how you get the watch.

13. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 6, 2013

There's nothing like a watch-motivated road trip. Nice result too.