Forums Latest Members

Going rate for a 3570.50 Japan racing dial conversion?

1. gee_cee Sep 7, 2018

I really like the look of the 3570.50 ref Speedmasters that have been converted with the dial and handset from one of the 3570.40 Japan-only LE racing models (not bothered about having one of the original 3570.40 LE models). I can see a couple of the Originals for sale on Chrono 24, but what sort of price do the conversion models fetch?

I presume it's not as easy as it was a few years ago to source the dial and handset to carry out the conversion myself?

Any info appreciated.

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Sep 7, 2018

Parts value. Original watch + dial and handset (which has gotten expensive).

Vintagewtchzilla likes this.
  3. gee_cee Sep 7, 2018

Ok, so I guess the question is what is the going rate for a NOS dial/handset? Anywhere in particular to source the dial/hands since Omega constrained parts availability? Anyone know for certain if Omega would entertain the dial change themselves at the time of a service, as they would (don't know if they still do) for a MkII Speedy?

4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Sep 7, 2018

If you have friends with parts accounts at Omega, you could ask them. Alternately, eBay etc.
    I do not believe Omega will do this for you (unless you send them an original 3750.40).

5. ext1 Sep 7, 2018

I recall some parts have become an exchange-only basis order from omega and I think the LE dials were one of those parts.

Vintagewtchzilla likes this.