Forums Latest Members

go to watchmaker in boston or east coast for high end vintage ?

1. jhross98 Dec 7, 2018

i have used a patchwork of watchmakers for servicing in the past few years. . it seems like there is a significant supply/demand problem around vintage watchmakers these days!

does anyone have a good recommendation for a reliable watchmaker for high end vintage pieces in the boston area or on the east coast. preferably someone with real experience in omega, movado, heuer, rolex, etc

i am not doing reconstruction projects for looking for reliable service from someone who understands the value of vintage parts, no polishing ever, etc, etc

thank you

2. ac106 Dec 7, 2018

Deldog likes this.
  3. jhross98 Dec 8, 2018

My experience is they won't service you didn't buy there

4. ac106 Dec 8, 2018

That’s weird. They have serviced 3 watches of mine and I have never bought from them. And they were all modest pieces: a modern speedmaster, a ladies speedmaster based on the 7750 and a Seamaster 2254. Their service prices while fair, are certainly market rate.

They actually refused work stating its because you aren't a current customer?

5. jhross98 Dec 9, 2018

Hmm... Maybe I misunderstood them the last time in. They didn't want to take a crystal off a watch but maybe they just didn't want to mess with a watch that was all original

Any other good options out there guys?