Forums Latest Members

GMT Platinum Orange...on the Wrist!!

1. Superdoc Dec 12, 2014

DSC02725.JPG

OK....not actually mine...

But 1 of only 8 in the world.......

There are many promotional pics, and some people have wrist shots of it at "road shows"...

But here we are in non - boutique light, on the wrist from 4 feet away...lume and all!!!

I have to admit, that when I first saw the Promos with the Oranges (fruit).. I thought that this watch was a joke...but this is one impressive watch!!! Heavy as hell, and just gorgeous right down to the platinum stitching on the bracelet........

Rest assured that Orange Ceramic is the #1. Priority for OMEGA right now, but apparently hard as hell to mass produce........ Apparently baking Ceramic is much like Baking a Souffle....perfect conditions are required, and no two come out exactly the same....

But for now....we have eight.... or maybe soon.....Seven ;)

KstateSkier, Diverdown and italy1861 like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 12, 2014

Its a crazy watch, absolutely love the dial its just a good thing the Grey Side Of The Moon / Lunar Dust now brings a PT950 dial like that to within somewhat reasonable pricing. Only thing I wondered with that PO is why they didn't go for the bracelet option, the Speedmaster Apollo 40th LE in PT950 had the full bracelet as part of the package for similar money from memory.

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 13, 2014

Another shot of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a little arty...

[​IMG]

Edited Dec 13, 2014
    KstateSkier, Diverdown and dsio like this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 13, 2014

Ah I get what you mean now about the ceramic I didn't realise they'd actually replaced the aluminium orange bezel on the standard PO with a proper high gloss ceramic and I'm guessing liquidmetal inlays? It looks almost exactly like the Titanium Liquid Metal PO bezel

5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 13, 2014

Well add the baguette diamond too....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. alam Dec 13, 2014

too much orange color on a watch for my taste... I prefer a full glass of the liquid stuff in the morning.. :)

boat2dan likes this.
  7. anselmw Dec 13, 2014

Where were did this non boutique showing occur. Would have loved to try that on.

8. Superdoc Dec 13, 2014

Yes... And the diamonds on the back can be your monogram if you like...it doesn't have to be the 'omega'...

9. Diverdown Dec 17, 2014

That looks stunning. Love the Orange and grey together. How much $$$ does it retail for?