GMT 16710T vs 70's 1675

I would not hesitate a sec.... Go for 1675!
Far far more charming.... 🥰

Yes its an MK4 dial.
So if the serial lines up reasonably with the Mk4, I'd go for it. But I'm a vintage guy and I like acrylic crystals and don't mind the absence of quick-set date. Condition-wise, the chamfers are soft, but the lugs are still thick. The lume plots are thin, but still mostly there. The red part of the insert is a bit too far gone for me. But overall, it's still appealing! And the papers help the value quite a bit. Overall, it's not easy to find an original 1675 like this with papers in decent condition, so financially it's a good deal, IMO.

I would not hesitate a sec.... Go for 1675!
Far far more charming.... 🥰
If watches weren't so expensive my life would be so much easier hahah. Appreciate the reply!!!!

So if the serial lines up reasonably with the Mk4, I'd go for it. But I'm a vintage guy and I like acrylic crystals and don't mind the absence of quick-set date. Condition-wise, the chamfers are soft, but the lugs are still thick. The lume plots are thin, but still mostly there. The red part of the insert is a bit too far gone for me. But overall, it's still appealing! And the papers help the value quite a bit. Overall, it's not easy to find an original 1675 like this with papers in decent condition, so financially it's a good deal, IMO.
Dan, your assessment seems spot on!! Thank you so much!!! At least I know neither of us (buyer/seller) is necessarily getting a one-sided deal. May be more just in preference of watches. The 1675 checks off a ton of boxes for me. I too love Acrylic crystal and the fact its my birth year watch makes it more attractive.

My Mk4 1978 will maybe help you to pull the trigger... 20240914_113319.jpg
Wow awesome!! We will soon be twins lol. Do u use as a daily?

That’s a nice 16710 with a lot of extra accessories. Now I see why the seller is making you an even trade offer. This slightly changes my perspective.

I value your set btwn $12.2-13K, we all know what the seller has been asking for the 1675. That watch has been sitting unsold for a long minute. We have to ask the question as to why.

Make sure the serial corresponds to the dial, get better pics of the lugs and close ups of the dial. I would not consider the watch if the dial has any blemishes.

Also worth noting that the seller is experienced, I would proceed with extreme caution to make sure the watch is indeed as advertised.

That’s a nice 16710 with a lot of extra accessories. Now I see why the seller is making you an even trade offer. This slightly changes my perspective.

I value your set btwn $12.2-13K, we all know what the seller has been asking for the 1675. That watch has been sitting unsold for a long minute. We have to ask the question as to why.

Make sure the serial corresponds to the dial, get better pics of the lugs and close ups of the dial. I would not consider the watch if the dial has any blemishes.

Also worth noting that the seller is experienced, I would proceed with extreme caution to make sure the watch is indeed as advertised.
Awesome! I will definitely make sure the serial matches the dial and get close ups of the dial as well and check for blemishes. I thank you so much for looking out!! If you come by San Diego I owe u a beer 😀 !!! If the watch(1675) pans out, still not too bad of a deal? It's pretty nuts, I've seen the cost of just a Super Jubilee(63600) at $2K!?! Oh, ur honest opinion... since the lugs are pretty thick... do u think the case has been polished or is that natural wearing on the chamfurs?

we all know what the seller has been asking for the 1675. That watch has been sitting unsold for a long minute. We have to ask the question as to why.
I just looked at some other photos in the listing, and I think that the lume plots are holding it back. In the photos that aren't taken in direct sunlight they are splotchy.

Oh, ur honest opinion... since the lugs are pretty thick... do u think the case has been polished or is that natural wearing on the chamfurs?
Polishing, not wear. But the lug holes aren't cratered and the case could easily be restored.

I just looked at some other photos in the listing, and I think that the lume plots are holding it back. In the photos that aren't taken in direct sunlight they are splotchy.

Polishing, not wear. But the lug holes aren't cratered and the case could easily be restored.
Ya think this particular 1675 hasn't been selling because of his asking price (per quality)?

Ya think this particular 1675 hasn't been selling because of his asking price (per quality)?
That is a truism.

Do you have the three links of the oyster bracelet? And the jubilee?
Yes for the jubilee! Actually I didn't realize the oyster was missing 3 links. I think it's in the box...

I didn’t realize that it was a Super Jubilee, add another $1K to my estimation.

I didn’t realize that it was a Super Jubilee, add another $1K to my estimation.
You're pretty good as estimating hehe. That's kinda what I thought the value of my watch was. What's ur expert opinion on the value of that 1675?

I'd like to thank everyone for allllllllll the advice! I really appreciate it. After reviewing everything and looking at a million other 1675's I'm deciding to pass on the trade 🙁. Hope I don't regret it in the future...

Reasons: Upon further inspection, dial had imperfections that were a bit much for my liking.

Again thanks for all the expert knowledge and insight @Dan S and @ATWG

Good call, in this scenario I wouldn’t have made the trade either specially after seeing the complete pkg.

Glad you went that way. I am 99% a vintage guy but I have a patina threshold (more forgiving with case- but dial needs to be stellar) and that one was well past it for me, but I understand why people dig it so try not to judge too hard 😉

I will say having owned a few slow date watches, I have pretty much sold them all off- except my OPD which sets like silk and I can roll it backwards unlike some. But it needs to at least be a 9/12 set or it’s a deal breaker for me now.
The sweet spot is the 16750, all the charm of the 1675 but quick set.
Have owned mine for 22 years and it’s a lifer (pardon the aftermarket bracelet- I love the rivet)
IMG_7488.jpeg

Glad you went that way. I am 99% a vintage guy but I have a patina threshold (more forgiving with case- but dial needs to be stellar) and that one was well past it for me, but I understand why people dig it so try not to judge too hard 😉

I will say having owned a few slow date watches, I have pretty much sold them all off- except my OPD which sets like silk and I can roll it backwards unlike some. But it needs to at least be a 9/12 set or it’s a deal breaker for me now.
The sweet spot is the 16750, all the charm of the 1675 but quick set.
Have owned mine for 22 years and it’s a lifer (pardon the aftermarket bracelet- I love the rivet)
IMG_7488.jpeg
That's a great mindset... "more forgiving with case- but dial needs to be stellar". Really think a vintage GMT would work well with our acrylic domed 14060m Submariners hehehe.