Forums Latest Members
  1. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jun 20, 2016

I recently picked up this Glycine airman but the bezel locking mechanism and crown are both missing. Does anyone know a good source for parts? Thanks!

image.jpeg

2. Vitezi Jun 20, 2016

3. Gaz6263 Jun 21, 2016

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 23, 2016

I would advise staying away from Bill Shaine.

5. Tubber Jul 2, 2016

6. Tubber Jul 2, 2016

Nice looking Airman by the way.

7. James Sadilek Jul 30, 2016

It is possible to replace the Glycine Airman bezel clamp assembly--the plate and the crown with the threaded post. There is enough variation from watch case to watch case that the parts need to be fitted to the individual watch. The crown for the bezel clamp is plain, not cross-hatched. Only the winding/setting crown is cross-hatched. Crystals, hack levers and replacement hack wires are available from various sources. Search the web for "vintage Glycine Airman repair.".

James Sadilek - ccwatchmaker

Mothra and efauser like this.
  8. 1685 Jul 30, 2016

@kyle L great pick up. You want to reach out to Matt Henning up in Mass. He makes the locking plate for the bezel. Can't remember the rules here so I'll DM you his email address. He does not service watches but will get you set up with the parts you need. He also can replace a broken hacking mechanism should you find yourself needing one. For Glycine service great maker in Vegas. He did the same for me. Pics below:
    Before:
    image.jpeg
    After (new plate, crown, sleeve)
    image.jpeg

9. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 30, 2016

James Sadilek is the watchmaker in Nevada. He posted above yours. Matt is good and great to work with. He originally fixed the hacking mechanism on my dad's SST. James fixed the hacking mechanism and serviced the very same SST after Bill Shaine's watchmaker screwed the whole thing up.

10. 1685 Jul 30, 2016

Good deal, didn't know his name as I haven't needed to send him anything.....yet welcome @James Sadilek

11. James Sadilek Jul 30, 2016

Matt and I have been friends for more than ten years; we have collaborated on many repairs Including Glycine Airman.. At one time we were both members of the AWCI Board of Directors. Matt was Secretary and I was V.P. I am in Carson City, which is the Nevada State Capital. Google: "vintage Glycine Airman repair."

James Sadilek - ccwatchmaker

1685 likes this.