Forums Latest Members
  1. jsports32 Jan 28, 2021

I’m new to this forum and a huge Omega fan. Been reading some past posts, lots of great information.

I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger on a white/silver dial Globemaster. The only question is the bracelet. I did try it on at an OB and it did seem nice, however I’m a bit nervous to buy another watch with no micro adjustment. I’m not against buying the GM on a leather strap. In fact, I was planning on getting multiple straps for it as it looks so versatile. I’m about to sell my Aqua Terra because I’m not a huge fan of the bracelet or the oem rubber strap. I will say, I’m more annoyed by the polished center links in the AT than the fit. But there has been a few occasions where I really wanted a micro adjustment.

Any thoughts on the difference between the AT bracelet and the GM? Is the GM oem leather strap nice? Anyone throw an alternative bracelet on a Globemaster?

thanks

DJG2645, Dedlock and Spruce like this.
  2. Capt Cave Man Jan 28, 2021

3. DJG2645 Jan 29, 2021

I am a new GM owner, I got the blue dial a couple of weeks ago. I had a similar worry about the bracelet not having micro adjustment. I have a 6.5" wrist and got lucky as I managed to get a good fit on the bracelet but it would be great it if had micro adjustment or half links.

I have already ordered a navy blue shell cordovan strap which is inbound. I was really torn between bracelet or strap, but knew I'd regret not getting it on a bracelet should I ever decide to sell (although I don't think I will as this is definitely a keeper).

Some have reported the strap to add a lot of weight to the watch, personally I haven't found that but I did remove a few links due to my skinny wrist.

I will post some pics when my new strap arrives but with so many strap options out there I am glad I went with the GM on the bracelet as straps are way easier to find than the bracelet.

As Capt Cave Man had linked above is a great resource for reading up about the GM. Good luck in your hunt and hopefully soon you'll be joining the GM owners club :thumbsup:

Obligatory pic;

IMG_20210124_113333.jpg

4. Dedlock Jan 29, 2021

The Globemasters bracelet is a tight fit and it would benefit from micro adjustment links, but for me this bracelet is unique and even though its not perfect its worth having as part of a collection.

especially since the purchase price between the strap and the bracelet is minimal. The good news about the silver dial is it'll go with almost any colour/ texture strap its very versatile.

20210129_112716.jpg

5. jsports32 Feb 19, 2021

Well, I decided to make the purchase and I must say, I’m loving the GM. It’s not an overly blingy timepiece but I still love how the light hits it on different angles. Also much more sporty in person than how I remember it in the boutique. Definitely a candidate for every day wear.
    I was able to get a good fit on the bracelet and will probably be putting it back on once summer hits but for now I’m enjoying this custom made black beaver strap. 033E7D86-FFD9-449F-80DD-75F39DBD107B.jpeg

53C4B237-A092-4D01-B47A-1D6D8DB9113D.jpeg 6E4C5839-5EA9-4DBA-8B20-F50E70F71645.jpeg
    Dedlock, DSotW, Omega-Q and 1 other person like this.
  6. YY77 Feb 19, 2021

Educated guess: Aaron Bespoke?

jsports32 likes this.
  7. jsports32 Feb 19, 2021

Yes it is an Aaron Bespoke

8. YY77 Feb 19, 2021

Great minds:thumbsup:

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    jsports32 likes this.
  9. jsports32 Feb 19, 2021

Nice, I considered that color. It looks great.

YY77 likes this.
  10. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 19, 2021

Original Omega deployant works just fine for me :thumbsup:

IMG_0823.jpeg

jsports32, Dedlock, DJG2645 and 2 others like this.
  11. DSotW Feb 19, 2021

I love the Globemaster and do lust after one...

I purchased an original Omega stainless bracelet for my Speedmaster Day Date. I've got huge wrists (8.5", but can't remember as last time I measured was 2 years ago and in cm). The bracelet was installed at it's longest setting (no links removed) it fits perfectly. I did have the bracelet fitted in summer, when it was hottest, when I could just get a pinky between bracelet and wrist. In winter (now) it's a bit looser (I can get an index finger between bracelet and skin), but not horribly much so.

So maybe try the Globemast stainless bracelet "as is" ?

12. Dedlock Feb 19, 2021

Congratulations the GM is a stunner, enjoy it.

jsports32 likes this.
  13. jsports32 Feb 19, 2021

I have a 7” wrist and I only removed 1 link. Not sure of options on a 8.5” wrist