Forums Latest Members

SOLD Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar on "Quintessentials" steel bracelet.

1. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 24, 2014

For sale: Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar on "Quintessentials" steel bracelet

Price: $6900USD
    Now reduced to $6400USD for quick sale.
    (includes EMS shipping worldwide)

Reference: 90-02-02-02-04
    Case number: 00006
    Sale includes:
    - Glashutte timber box + outer white packing box
    - Glashutte DVD in watch-box drawer (still shrink-wrapped)
    - Pusher tool for moon-phase complication
    - Hang tag
    - 2013 set of hardcover Glashutte catalogues

I purchased this piece last November. It's been worn only a handful of times. Condition is very similar to when I originally purchased it. There's some minor scuffs on the underside of the bracelet, small marks on the bezel(only if you look closely), and on the crown. Overall, it presents very well and is in good shape.

This is case "Nr. 00006", so it's probably one of the first PanoMaticLunar's off the line. The moonphase disc is even starting to show some interesting sparkly patina which changes in various lighting. Glashutte won't share the exact date of manufacture, but I suspect this one must be 2003-2004 based on the case + factory numbers.

I'm aiming to make my description here far more accurate than the original sale. Glashutte has no record of servicing at the factory, so unless it went through the Swatch Group US service center, it's due for one. I did notice the moon-phase pusher can be a bit stubborn, in that it easily advances for a few pushes, then you need to wait before advancing further. Accuracy seems fine, but I haven't checked it lately. I'll leave it running over the next few days to test (I'll update the listing here). Advancing the date is crisp and always lines up correctly. The clasp is very firm and secure. In fact, everything on this piece seems very precise and well executed.

Glashutte also mentioned that there's never been a registered owner for this model, so any potential purchaser could be the first on the books. Finding the PML on a steel bracelet is not easy, and this one is rarer than the other style which is completely polished.

The finishing on the movement is really quite remarkable. The level of detail is extremely impressive. Anyone that I show this watch to is always blown-away by the movement finishing. Photos are much easier than attempting to describe it adequately, so I've included a few angles.

Why am I selling? We're purchasing a property that requires fairly extensive renovations, so need to cash-up for now. I'll sincerely regret this sale, but there's a world of watches out there for later. I'm confident the GO will find a good home with someone here.

References
    I built and co-own the forum you're using right now. I also have an extensive trading history on Ebay which I can link any prospective purchaser to.

Payment and Shipping
    Bank/wire transfer only for this one please. It will be properly packaged and shipped worldwide via EMS/Express-post. I ship same-day whenever possible.

Any questions, feel free to ask here or PM.

Cheers
    Trev

All photos are from today except for the last two.
    DSCF3301.jpg

DSCF3262.jpg b4.jpg b3.jpg DSCF3300.jpg DSCF3298.jpg DSCF3294.jpg DSCF3293.jpg DSCF3291.jpg DSCF3263.jpg DSCF3307.jpg DSCF3306.jpg b2.jpg b1.jpg m3.jpg m2.jpg m1.jpg m8.jpg m7.jpg m6.jpg m5.jpg m4.jpg

These two are cool shots, but not from today:
    _OF21268OF.jpg DSCF3222.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 24, 2014

Swap for Rolex 1680 Submariner?

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 24, 2014

You can ebay the sub and come back to me with that plus some extra cash :)

cicindela and ron n like this.
  4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 25, 2014

$6800USD shipped via EMS.

5. baoquang Apr 25, 2014

in love, immediately

Trev likes this.
  6. Dedalus Apr 26, 2014

Man, that movement. ::love::
    GO really make pieces for connoisseurs.

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 26, 2014

Now reduced to $6700USD shipped worldwide via EMS.

First PM gets it. ;)

That's why I took so many pictures, it's not something I could describe. Holding it in hand, you realise just how tiny and intricate some of those hand-finished details are.

8. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Apr 26, 2014

Stunning! glws

9. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 29, 2014

This thread needs a bump. (said in a very serious German voice).

10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 29, 2014

Watch "German Speed Bump" on YouTube
    German Speed Bump:

lenny, Apa and Trev like this.
  11. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Apr 29, 2014

OMG, that is a beautiful watch!!! A 10! GLWTS!

12. sweepinghands Apr 30, 2014

Totally OT but that German Speed Bump video just made me laugh out loud literally.

Hahaha

GLWTS

13. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 1, 2014

It's running pretty consistently at about +10/day, which is only just within their "Permissible rate deviation" for automatic movements.

I'm dropping the price again to help contribute to servicing whenever the new owner decides to do so (which can be completed at the Swatch US Center or sent to Glashutte directly).

I've yet to see a PML on steel bracelet at this price :)
    IMG_0246.JPG

Now $6600USD, which still includes EMS shipping worldwide. Cheers

14. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 2, 2014

$6500USD.

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 2, 2014

I think Trev is crazy to sell this, but as Dennis knows this home improvement thing does crazy things to one's priorities. :rolleyes:

16. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 2, 2014

This place is a block closer to the beach, but the previous owner did some interesting renovations we'll need to "fix". I'm selling this + some toys. I'll buy more watches after it's sorted out. First-world problems hey? :)

17. ulackfocus May 2, 2014

Yeah, life's a beach!

::rimshot::

Trev likes this.
  18. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 11, 2014

German bump.

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 15, 2014

Stoßen

Trev likes this.
  20. Trev The Architect Staff Member May 17, 2014

$6400USD including EMS, shipped anywhere.
    (Won't find a better deal than that. That's the lowest I've seen a PML on steel listed at.)