Forums Latest Members

Girard Perregaux Classique Elegance 4945

1. mistasix Feb 5, 2020

[​IMG]

Hello all, my first post here so I thought it'd be an idea to give some context here. I work in horology and although I'm not much of an enthusiast, I do take a keen interest in all things Omega as I'm massively into space and I have via my work got to delve into a surprising amount of NASA history, which is a real treat for me. That said, Speedmasters aside, I am fortunate enough to get up close and personal with some really wonderful and curious pieces, this Girard Perregaux Classique Elegance being a great example. I'm not too keen on gold in general, I much prefer a steel watch, but this watch really struck a chord with me, probably due to its similarities with the Speedmaster, but still, a great looking watch.

I'll try and dig out some other curiosities I've encountered and share with you all, but thanks for having me and look forward to getting involved in the conversation here :)

2. kip595 Feb 5, 2020

That is a very beautiful piece. Any stories behind it that you know of?

mistasix likes this.
  3. mistasix Feb 6, 2020

Not much of a story behind this that I know of, other than it is now about 5 years old and was among the last of the Classique Elegance collection before it was discontinued, which is a shame as I'm not too keen on the other and newer GP collections, which are mostly bold octo and skeletal, rather than reserved and classic in style like this.

janice&fred likes this.
  4. janice&fred Feb 6, 2020

i'm not nuts over gold either but you have a good eye as that gold watch is gorgeous. I also agree some of the GP newer stuff is a bit over the top, same with Zenith and JLC, and their classic stuff is more appealing.

mistasix likes this.