Forums Latest Members
  1. Lukeeesteve Jan 29, 2017

I've always liked single hand watches....the meistersinger was actually the first watch that got me interested in mechanical watches 8-9 years ago.. I however Haven't owned one for a few years ...Today, I get my hands on one and got all excited again like meeting your first love whom you haven't seen since you broke up many years ago......

She looked good from far....my heart raced .....then I and realized I couldn't tell the time on these watches anymore.... not without reading glasses. Sigh.

Spy, alam, Freshprince357 and 8 others like this.
  2. OhMegaMan Jan 29, 2017

Maybe it is time for this:
    [​IMG]

3. marcn Enough space to say witty Jan 29, 2017

If it helps any, Flavor Flav turns 58 in March. :)

4. Bumper Jan 30, 2017

The bad - Waking up with unexplained aches & pains, not being able to see the details on the triple dates, getting irritated by "kids" who don't know s***, getting irritated by "kids" period...:(

The good - you can't see the spots or patina on the dials anymore :rolleyes:

Lukeeesteve and Vitezi like this.
  5. nixf6 Jan 30, 2017

Its great fun using your iPhone to illuminate you Speedy at twilight to read the time.

Euxinus, kkt and Lukeeesteve like this.
  6. Pvt-Public Jan 30, 2017

As my uncle told me on his 90th, "getting old ain't for sissies, kid". And I am starting to believe him.

7. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jan 30, 2017

Getting older may suck but I believe it beats the alternative hands down.

8. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jan 30, 2017

You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old.
    George Burns

Fritz, Lukeeesteve and jimmyd13 like this.
  9. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Jan 30, 2017

When you are old and wake up in the morning, you know you are alive because you hurt.

Lukeeesteve and jimmyd13 like this.
  10. Canuck Jan 30, 2017

It's not a matter of how young you are, it's a matter of how OLD you aren't!

Fritz and Lukeeesteve like this.
  11. jimmyd13 Jan 30, 2017

Or, I believe it was Marx who was mis-quoted: a man's as young as the woman he feels.

(That was Groucho, not Karl)

It's probably also why Speedys are so loved ... there are fewer dials that are so easy to read at a glance.

marcn and Lukeeesteve like this.
  12. Lukeeesteve Jan 30, 2017

I've actually tried different kinds of watches over the years just for fun.....

24 hour watches take a while to read because of the decades of reading a 12 hour watch face.

IMG_4052.JPG

Single hand watches I could get down to a glance and plus minus 1 min...and my world really happens in 15 minute blocks.

On a more serious note, I caught myself making an older person noise while getting into the car this morning.... I fear that tomorrow it's going to be an accidental fart when I reach to tie my shoe laces.

Speedmasterfan88 and marcn like this.
  13. Bumper Jan 30, 2017

2 doctors are in A & E when they see a man walking in very slowly & gingerly. I bet he has a slipped disc, says the first. And i say he's got runner's heels says the second. So they go up to the guy & let him know their diagnosis'.

The man looks at the first doctor & replies " So, you say i have a slipped disc? Well, you're wrong"He turns to the second doctor & says " and you say i have runners heels? well, you're wrong too" He turns to walk off slowly again when the doctors cry out "wait, then what is it?"

Well, i thought i was going to fart, but i was wrong".

Darlinboy, dscoogs and Lukeeesteve like this.
  14. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Jan 30, 2017

You know you are old when you go to funerals more often than you have sex.

watchme and blufinz52 like this.
  15. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 30, 2017

My dad is always telling me it's hell getting old.

16. U5512 Jan 30, 2017

I know what you mean. I hated it when I had to reach for the reading glasses.

17. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 30, 2017

Someone said to me years ago that you are only as old as the woman you feel. I am very fortunate that my wife is nineteen years younger than me. I think the other thing that helps is that I am still waiting to "grow up":D

VictorAlpha likes this.
  18. Canuck Jan 30, 2017

You know what it means when you can no longer complain about getting old! Count your blessings! You are not as young as you used to be, nor are you as old as you're gonna be!

VictorAlpha and blufinz52 like this.
  19. C4L18R3 Jan 31, 2017

I hear ya. I now need reading glasses. It is driving me mental. When I wear them, I get a headache but then it gets worse if I don't. As mentioned above, there are lots to stil be happy about so I guess I shouldn't complain. A plus is I get to see more details on my watches that I didn't notice before.

20. barmy Jan 31, 2017

Have an angioplasty scheduled for Friday and the my retina that I tore last weekend repaired today. Look at the interesting week I would miss if I wasn't getting old.

ahartfie likes this.