Forums Latest Members

Getting a heads up on new models/limited editions

1. seadragon Aug 2, 2019

I am fairly new to watch collecting, so forgive my ignorance and naivety.

I am getting a bit annoyed at paying silly money for watches that rocket up in price. I totally appreciate that's the market and no-one is forcing me to buy them, but want to be one of the lucky ones to get it at the original selling price and not the inflated second-hand market prices.

Can I please get some views where I can get regular updates on new Omega watches being released? I am wanting to specifically get a very limited edition

I have an Omega boutique that is willing to put me on a waiting list, but need to know which one, for obvious reasons. I am not aware of any that are due to be released anytime soon. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Would it be as simple as going on the Omega website and signing up for a newsletter, or some other site?

I have 2 Omegas currently, a white Snoopy and a Speedmaster 57 (331.10)

Thanks again

2. Stufflers Mom Aug 2, 2019

Just tell your nearest OB that you want to be top of the list for next years Snoopy anniversary.

seadragon and connieseamaster like this.
  3. YY77 Aug 2, 2019

Just be aware of special historic dates and walk in an OB/AD well upfront to make your intentions clear. I walked in my AD October 2018 that I wanted to be on the list for the A11 50th SS, even getting on the list at the beginning of June this year at a different AD got me the watch I wanted so seems location can lesson your chances. Big Sales points (OB) also have more demand than will be allocated.

I've also have google alert me on any omega news.

seadragon likes this.
  4. whyboddau Aug 2, 2019

You’re new to watch collecting and you have a white snoopy and a 57...wow that’s quite a start! Most of it is hearsay until official release. Lots of mumbling to each other about what will come next.

WatchShopping and seadragon like this.
  5. seadragon Aug 3, 2019

Thanks I did ask about the Snoopy, but will make sure to keep checking release news

6. seadragon Aug 3, 2019

The 57 is my favourite, absolutely adore it

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Aug 3, 2019

You should also consider building a relationship with OB staff. Im in the local OB every other month. I get my modern watches serviced there and buy various parts (end links, clasps, etc). I was there yesterday in fact. Anyway, they will call you when new releases come out once you build the relationship.

IMG_20190802_100835.jpg

WatchShopping and seadragon like this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 3, 2019

The last few 50th releases were chatted about for months before hand. Hard to not know about a new release with instagram teasers. I’m not on Instagram and it gets talked about here as soon as it pops up.

Which one ?

9. seadragon Aug 3, 2019

Only started collecting about a year ago and have gone a bit mental. Had 1 watch and now have 12 , 2 Omega’s, 5 Seiko, 3 Wyler’s, 1 Louis Moinet and 1 Tudor. I want to streamline my collection and focus on Omega and Tudor (to a lesser extent)