Forums Latest Members
  1. mahamithra Jun 23, 2012

Looking for good jpegs of 100% correct 2915-1, 2914-1 2913-1

thanks wtb buy these also!!!

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 23, 2012

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself, how you came to collecting vintage omegas and why you zeroed in on these watches?

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 23, 2012

Indeed! Starting out with the holy trinity of '57 Omega sports watches is a rather big entrance lol

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 23, 2012

Don't think you can get better than an original advertising brochure for all three watches:

http://www.old-omegas.com/3high.html

Take care,
    gatorcpa

5. mahamithra Jun 24, 2012

I have been collecting Zenith for some years and have almost completed the collection covering 1969-1984 with a few from 1990-2 (DeLuca).
    I always felt throughout my life an affinity for mechanical and working things. So 'tool' watches and diving watches as well, started to appeal to me. In that group the Omega trinity fits well. So the plan is to try and get the main pieces, as well as things like Tornek Rayville, Rolex 5517, Fifty Fathom Blancpain Milspec & Lip.
    Yes one would say this is high aspirations and high costs. But I feel now to have fewer but higher quality/demand timepieces that are watershed in the evolvement of timepieces. That's my storey. thanks for the lead to the advertising brochure. Now to find them!!!!!

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 24, 2012

Thanks for the intro. Please feel free to post some pictures of your zenith watches in the forum. The holy trinity of omega is as you pointed out expensive to obtain but just plain difficult and near impossible if you confine yourself to the -1 examples. If the -1 models do come up for sale they are usually at the major auction houses (Christies and Sothebys) and go for major bucks. I have yet to see a single -1 example of the trinity come up outside these major houses that is in very good condition and all original in parts in the past 5 years. Even if you confine yourself to getting the 2913, 2914 and 2915 references without regard for the iteration finding nice all original examples is a huge challenge.
    Nevertheless, this is what makes our hobby interesting and worthwhile.

7. mahamithra Jun 24, 2012

The brochures are not detailed enough to tell whether a watch has replacement hands and bezel, but thanks, it gives some information. what is the aspect about the A on the bezel that tells the difference between new and old?

8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 26, 2012

Not quite clear what you mean about the A on the bezel. Hunting for these 3 examples will require a lot of groundwork and research since the const is considerable and finding all original examples is difficult. We would likely do much better if you have something specific in mind with good pictures for the forum members to comment on.

9. mahamithra Jun 28, 2012

I have spotted one that is decalred to be 100% correct 2915-1, but I think that I should not broadcast it. If you give me a confidential email address I will post you the images.
    Mithra

10. Dash1 Jul 3, 2012

The 'A's in 'Tachymetre Base 1000' should be flat topped - definitely not pointy topped. The original bezels are also much narrower than the replacement version, but you have to be very carefull as there are good copies out there.
    The hands have a characteristic curve to the edges, whereas the modern replacements are flat. Post or email me a good pic and I should be able to tell you if they are correct or not.
    There are also fake case-backs, the ones I have previously seen have missed out the '.' in fab.suisse, and there are other clues as well.
    The dial should be flat, unlike all later Speedies which have a small step in them.

There are so many small details that we need lots of quality photos of all aspects before an idea of originality can be given, even then its not the same as inspecting it 'in person.' Even so its an excellent choice for a collection!

cropped tachy base1000.jpg