Forums Latest Members
  1. solerb Jun 8, 2014

Dear All,

First of all this is my first post, I am have found this forum very interesting and inspiring. I have just bought a second hand Omega Geneve ->

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390854157616?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

My aim is to restore it since it doesn't look in the best possible condition. Also this is my first Omega watch that I bought. I would like to ask the following

1) Fake or No?
    2) It says it is 135.012 SP - SP stands for strap.
    3) Should I use an official Omega repair service? Anyone have any experience?
    4) Did I overpaid?
    5) How much should I spend on restoration?

I know it is not one of the most expensive Omega, but a collection should start a piece by piece.

Thanks guys :)

2. ulackfocus Jun 8, 2014

Actually, that watch is in pretty good shape. It's authentic. The case edges are still fairly crisp and the back hasn't been polished at all from what I can tell.

I'd say you paid a fair price for it. DON'T send it to Omega unless you want to pay through the nose and have the originality ruined by replacement parts that fit but aren't correct. A good service and clean-up by a good independent watchmaker is all it needs. It should cost you around $125 - $200 plus any parts.

3. solerb Jun 8, 2014

Thanks ulack focus.

So your opinion is never to polish a watch???

Could you please explain the SP initials? I haven't seen it on the Omega website.