Forums Latest Members
  1. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Aug 1, 2014

Hi,

Seen this Genève Dynamic for sale and was wandering if it is a decent example. There are no movement photos available, nor any information on refs and cals. The dial looks a little rough around the edges (literally) and the hour markers are a bit tarnished, but I like that this has the day and date, and comes with both the original stainless steel bracelet, the original leather strap and the original case-back strap changing tool. Seller wants about £500 for it.

Just wandering people's opinions really and if you think it is worth the money.

Thanks in advance

Dynamic.jpg

2. Icaras Aug 1, 2014

No, I don't think it's worth the money, there are quite a lot of Dynamics around for less but in better condition. However I've never seen that dial before... maybe that's the reason for the price.

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 1, 2014

I like these. They wear well, and look really good - a great example of 70's style.

The dial is probably damaged from removal during service, as the case is a monocoque and everything comes out through the front. There were several dial types, and many service dials are available.

It is a day date, slightly rarer - but I am not sure the demand makes it worth any more.

The price sounds on the high side for a watch with this dial. There is always a selection available, and there are also many assembled ones using NOS parts which look good, though I myself prefer the old ones. The NOS ones go for £600-800+

Here is a quick shot of mine:
    P8010076.JPG

initialjh and Icaras like this.
  4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Aug 1, 2014

Does the fact it has both bracelet and strap and includes the opening tool influence the price? The bracelet looks well worn but the leather strap has not been, apparently.

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 1, 2014

Not enough to justify the asking price.

The tool isn't actually for opening the watch its for removal of the strap/bracelet and isn't anything special which can't be accomplished easily by other means.

6. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Aug 1, 2014

OK, I was thinking it was on the pricey side, although an offer is possible. I do especially like this style/colour dial though, so I think I will keep looking around.

7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 1, 2014

8. Blaise Aug 1, 2014

come on Spacefruit the OPs watch is a day-date not some cheesy date-only!! :)

All jokes aside the Dynamic is a cool little 70's funkyness but in this condition I would not pay half of the asking price. Check the sold auction on eBay. You can pick up a much much nicer for a few hundred quid less than this one! Nice examplesgo for around 400 pounds, drawer-finds less than half...

9. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 12, 2014

Lots of small imperfections on the dial & replacement hands. The tarnishing on the hour markers makes me suspicious about how watertight the watch has been & whether there is any related damage or issues in the movement.

For the prices these go for it's not worth a gamble on the movement unless the price is half of what he's asking. If it was me, I'd want the dial to be in much better condition beofre taking a punt on the quality of the movement anyway.

Hope this helps.