Forums Latest Members

SOLD Gallet Multichron chronograph, white dial

1. Kazyole Feb 16, 2020

Hey guys,

Up for sale is my lovely Gallet Multichron powered by an EP40 movement. Case measures 35mm in diameter not including the crown, x 43mm lug to lug, with an 18mm lug width. With that big white dial and lack of bezel it's a really great wearable size, especially if you have a thinner wrist like I do or prefer smaller watches.

The bad:

• Case has probably seen one light polish but is very nice

• Based on the slightly different coloration and the fact that it reacts differently to UV, the minute hand has likely been relumed. Due to the coloration and the fact that it degrades quickly under UV, I'm guessing this was done a long time ago. I can send a video to interested parties, but am not sure how to upload it to the listing.

The good:

• The dial on this watch is insanely good. Truly gorgeous. Refer to the pics for condition, but it's the best I've personally seen.

• All the hands are blued and really catch the light wonderfully

• The watch reacts strongly to a geiger

• As opposed to many Gallets I've seen, the dial and hands have aged to a really nice gingerbread-ish tone, which has a lot of warmth and is really lovely in person. Much more attractive IMO than that more common greenish hues you'll see on a lot of these.

• Watch is running well, chronograph starts stops and resets crisply. I was told by the previous owner that it was serviced shortly before I bought it (September of last year) but have not had it opened or timed to confirm accuracy.

The watch is located in NYC. Face to face deals are preferred. I'll also take a bank transfer or paypal +3%

References available upon request, and please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Asking price is $2750 or best offer.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Movement shot. The caveat is that this shot is from the guy before the guy I bought it from. I'm unable to have a movement shot taken as my watchmaker is closed down, so I reached out to the guy I bought it from. He had this from the guy he bought it from, but does not know for sure if this was prior to it being serviced or after:

[​IMG]

Edited Mar 28, 2020
  2. Kazyole Feb 19, 2020

Bump. Open to offers

yvrclimber likes this.
  3. Kazyole Feb 23, 2020

Bump. Reduced to $3250 obo

4. shishy www.hpmor.com Feb 24, 2020

Lovely watch, Gallet is criminally underrated. I love that strap with the watch by the way, pairs so well with the lume. Best of luck with the sale!

Kazyole and KP-99 like this.
  5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 24, 2020

Clean and well priced. These don’t grow on trees. Especially with an EP movement. While I do agree that Gallet are a tad underrated, that is changing.

Edited Feb 25, 2020
    yvrclimber, Kazyole, watch3s and 2 others like this.
  6. Kazyole Feb 24, 2020

Evening bump. You guys are making me not want to sell it ;)

7. Kazyole Mar 7, 2020

Bump

8. yvrclimber Mar 8, 2020

Gorgeous dial and lume!

Kazyole likes this.
  9. Kazyole Mar 12, 2020

Thanks! Bump

10. Kazyole Mar 21, 2020

Bump. Price reduced to $3000

11. sxl2004 Mar 21, 2020

Gorgeous watch! Any chance for a picture of the movement?
    Thanks

12. Kazyole Mar 21, 2020

Thanks!

Under normal circumstances I'd take it down to my guy on 47th st and have him open it up to snap a pic.

But he's shut down until further notice so for the moment unfortunately not really. As a general rule I don't try to open my own watches as I don't really know what I'm doing and would rather not risk damaging something.

I can tell you that at the moment it's running well. Chronograph works, starts, stops, and resets as it should. The previous owner told me it had been serviced within the past year and I have no reason to doubt him. And you can tell it's an EP40 because of the H engraved on the underside of the lug, which the Valjoux examples lack.

Assuming it hasn't been sold by the time my guy is back around I'll take it in and have photos taken, but I get the feeling that might be a while.

13. sxl2004 Mar 21, 2020

Thanks. Trying times.

14. Kazyole Mar 21, 2020

Actually we're in luck! I reached out to the previous owner and he had gotten a movement shot from the guy he bought it from. Unclear if this is pre or post service, but he confirmed again that the watch was serviced before he got it.

[​IMG]

raitosan likes this.
  15. sxl2004 Mar 21, 2020

Terrific! thanks!!!

16. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 27, 2020

Bump

17. Kazyole Mar 28, 2020

Price drop: $2750

18. Kazyole Mar 29, 2020

Watch is SOLD. Thanks OF and buyer

dpap and Joe_A like this.