[$ further reduced] 1959 Omega CK 2990-1 Ranchero Seamaster - extract

The less-than-stellar market reception for the Ranchero model and the subsequent attempt by Omega (and some of its distributors) to move pieces - particularly in Scandanavia - by 'rebadging' the Ranchero as a Seamaster is well documented.

'Seachero' or 'Transformed Ranchero' are labels often used to describe these 2990/2996 references fitted with a Seamaster dial. Omega has recorded the model in the accompanying extract for this example as Ranchero Seamaster. Regardless of the name it's a really interesting piece of Omega history...

Per the extract this watch was delivered to Finland in October 1959. Offering this nice example at USD1,475 NOW USD1,175 (or market equivalent in any major currency that I can receive using Wise.com) - EUR, GBP, CHF, AUD...) - pricing includes international shipping to your door via FedEx or DHL.

SM 9.jpg

Dial:
Has developed an attractive even patina. Applied gold toned Omega logo, arabic numerals at 3-9-12 and elongated hour batons. Gold toned dauphine hands.
Case and caseback: 36mm not including the signed crown; case may have had light polishing but straight lugs retain clearly defined edges. Shows signs of use but certainly no major dings or dents. As noted above the snapback case back is engraved with initials and a 1961 date.
Movement: Manual wind cal 267 with 17 jewels. Not serviced in my ownership but winds effortlessly and keeps good time.
Strap: near new leather strap that nicely complements the watch

I have references here as both buyer and seller - please message me with any questions or use the Reply function.

Thanks to OF for the space; photos follow which hopefully capture all the angles with last in natural light...

SM.jpg SM 1.jpg SM 2.jpg SM 3.jpg SM 4.jpg SM 5.jpg SM 6.jpg SM 7.jpg Seachero 1 (2).jpg Seachero (2).jpg SM 10.jpg SM 11.jpg
Edited:

Like 12
Very interesting that the extract for this watch actually describes it as a "Ranchero Seamaster." I have never seen that description used previously. The watch clearly has a Ranchero 2990 case, but a Seamaster dial. Hence, most of us think of such a watch as a "Seachero" - a term of art used by collectors, but not an actual Omega model. Every Seachero that I've ever seen with an extract is described therein as a "Seamaster." There ARE Rancheros that are double signed with both "Ranchero" and "Seamaster" text on the dial, but these are exceedingly rare and the few that I have seen accompanied by extracts are described only as Rancheros. Does anyone know whether extracts that descrbe a Seachero as a "Ranchero Seamaster" are something new from Omega or is this particular extract an aberration?

Like 2
Does anyone know whether extracts that descrbe a Seachero as a "Ranchero Seamaster" are something new from Omega or is this particular extract an aberration?
In requesting the extract I made specific mention of the Ranchero 2990 case in hope that Archives would take a close look at what left the factory. My take on the result is acknowledgment that a Ranchero was transformed into a Seamaster prior to heading to Finland...:)

Like 4
In requesting the extract I made specific mention of the Ranchero 2990 case in hope that Archives would take a close look at what left the factory. My take on the result is acknowledgment that a Ranchero was transformed into a Seamaster prior to heading to Finland...:)
Interesting that they seem to have accomodated your request. To my knowledge, the 2990 and 2996 cases were initially used ONLY for the Ranchero, the 2990 for the subsecond version and the 2996 for the sweep second version. In fact, the 2990 and 2996 are the same case, the only difference being that the 2990 has a flat case back whereas the 2996 has a domed case back to accomodate the slightly taller sweep second movement. I have seen a number of "Seacheros" where the inside case back was actually stamped with both case reference numbers. In any event, your extract seems to be something of an anomaly, but I salute you for successfully persuading the Omega Mother Ship to issue an extract with this description. Pretty cool.

Like 6
Bump - surely some interest amongst the Omegarites with this extract a cool talking point? Trying for another week then will offer elsewhere..