Forums Latest Members
  1. Ramjet Jun 17, 2020

i recently bought a SMP 300c. Been waiting a while to take the plunge. I told my wife and she was onboard. I also recently had surgery and had not worn the watch in a week or so. Today she came to me in a bit of a panic that my new watch had stopped and was "broken". I explained the mechanical watch concept to her and she asked "you paid that much for watch that you need to wind?" I tried again to explain and her next question was "how much more would it have cost to get one that didn't need to be worn/wound?" After 33 years of marriage, I just looked at her and said "too much". I then wound my watch, set the date and time and proudly closed the clasp.

2. RazorFrazer Jun 17, 2020

Women won't ever understand. :)

3. ExpiredWatchdog Jun 17, 2020

Actually most of my wife's watches are quartz, but I bought her a Ladies Datejust and it gets more wrist time than any others. I also bought her a Wolf 4.1 winder and it stays in the winder when not on her arm.

I think the only time it's stopped since we bought it is when it sat in a safe deposit box during a dive trip before we hand a chance to insure it.