Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Full Set Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 105.012-65 Freshly Serviced, Extract, Extras

1. maxbelg Mar 12, 2021

Due to an unexpected opportunity to buy another grail watch I’m going to let this Speedy go. I discussed it and its provenance in a lot of detail in this thread:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/upgrade-or-downgrade-of-my-105-012-65.121008/

EDIT: After some questions I've complied a list at the bottom of this thread listing what the package contains.

This is a "real" moonwatch as discussed here :thumbsup::
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-actual-real-moonwatch-references.121809/
    [​IMG]

On this pic outside the scratches on the bezel look worse than in real life:
    [​IMG]
    Since posting in that thread, a couple of things have changed: First of all I had the watch serviced and here’s the link to the service:
    https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/library?action=show_photos&wat_id=4883&tk_id=561287166

Then just when I got it back, some lume fell out of the hands and got into the movement, blocking the chrono-runner….! :( So back it went for re-luming of the hands:
    https://watchguy.co.uk/cgi-bin/library?action=show_photos&wat_id=5078&tk_id=342589797

Of course there’s a transferrable warranty on the service for almost a year still. I also hunted down a 1506/16 bracelet from 1/66 for this watch and got it here:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...inks-flat-links-bracelet.123922/#post-1669722

Unfortunately it was way to short so I hunted down some extra links and now it will fit up to 21cm!I also got some other straps and a nice vintage Omega buckle as seen on the pics. I also obtained the correct vintage red box and papers dating from the appropriate time. The original insurance papers from 1966 are what really makes it a full set though. I put all of that into a large Omega Moonwatch box which I modded by taking all the internals out. The pics were mostly made today but not the ones showing the movement.

[​IMG]

What I like:
    The provenance, the fact that it is now 100% correct with every single part correct for a 105.012-65 as it left the factory. It’s an honest watch and there’s a high chance that it’s unpolished. It shows normal patina taking the age into account. I also like the fact that it has now been freshly serviced and is running perfectly. The watchmaker in the UK, Christian, commented that he had not had a 321 in his workshop in better shape! I had him swap the pushers for vintage pushers from another 105.012-65 because they were even better, but the original pushers are fine and included in the sale. The original crown was a later service crown, which is why I had it exchanged it for the correct flat-foot crown but is also included. I love the correct 1506 bracelet from 1966 and super rare correct and original number 16 endlinks. The bracelet is not NOS and its Patina fits the patina of the watch very well, I think. I love the original papers. The guarantee booklet doesn’t have a place to note movement number or watch details, so fits the original insurance papers well. Of course the Omega Extract of the Archives is included. This 105.012-65 was made 2months prior to Neil Armstrongs 105.012-65!

What some might not like:
    The fact that the hands have now been re-lumed (I've added some pics of the lume at the bottom). Christian did an amazing job, matching the colour perfectly. Furthermore it can hardly be argued that it wasn’t very necessary as some lume fell out and blocked the chrono-runner! Some might object to the added box and papers and think it isn’t really a „full-set“ but I think it’s legitimate as I have the original insurance papers. It’s not NOS and not in a „collector“ condition, but the price reflects this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, the million dollar question is what to ask for this watch? From Speedmaster 101:

Fair – Often the quality of a well used watch, one that has lived a useful life. It might be damaged or missing some service parts, movement needing work. This category can sometimes be improved with sympathetic work and service. It will remain fair if after service it still shows a damaged bezel, a dial with damage or missing, or discoloured plots, and a case with missing lines or heavy damage.

Good – Complete with correct parts. it is likely the lowest condition most collectors or owners are happy with. The case and dial and bezel should be without significant damage, though there may be some wear or light marks on case or bezel. The plots are an attractive colour not green or missing. Some minor plot damage or issues are acceptable. The bezel may have several marks but no major damage.“

Speedmaster 101 gives a head only price of USD 14000 (11740 Euro) for a good condition 105.012-65 and for fair USD 7000 or (5869 Euro).

I believe this 105.012-65 is at least good for the following reasons:

-Case shows normal wear and might actually be un-polished
    -Case Back shows wear but is original and correct
    -Bezel correct and faded with scratches but overall I’d still say good.
    -All correct parts, including pushers, crown and bezel
    -Dial is in great shape with original lume
    -Original crystal in good shape
    -Freshly serviced with one of the best condition 321 movements around

In addition it now sports a 1506/16 bracelet which cost me 2400 Euro ( USD 2860) with the extra links.

What I paid for the rest in Euro:

-615 for the Service and re-luming of the hands
    -400 for the extra pushers (old ones included)
    -400 for the flat foot crown (old crown included)
    -400 for the box and booklets
    -280 for the 2 x Forstner bracelets which are both next to new
    -380 for the vintage JB Champion

This brings us (if we consider the condition as good) to a total of Euro 16615 (USD 19817) excluding some straps and the big Omega box or the fact that it has its original insurance papers…..!

However, I realise that I should accept a loss on the extras and that the Speedy prices have softened a little bit, so I’m putting it up for sale for 14000, 13500, 1300, 12500, 12000, 11500 and now Withdrawn! for the entire package. As I’ve found a new grail, I’m not interested in any trades, but offers are welcome. Shipping will be extra and the type of shipping is up to the buyer.

As a private individual I can’t guarantee the watch and won’t take it back unless grossly misrepresented. The watch does still have almost 12 months of guarantee left from the watchmaker which is transferrable to the new owner. I’ve sold quite a few watches here and on the German Uhrforum and have 100% positive feedback everywhere.

Here's my feedback here on this forum:
    https://omegaforums.net/search/15009804/?q=maxbelg&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=10

Questions are welcome!

Added pics of lume after UV exposure, after a few seconds and after a few minutes showing that the relumed hands glow a bit longer than the indexes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

List of what the "Package" contains:

Omega 105.012-65
    Omega 1506 Bracelet and 16 End-Links
    JB Vintage Bracelet
    Forstner Flatlink Bracelet
    Forstner Komfit Bracelet
    Pahawi Case Opener
    2 x Extra Vintage 105.012 pushers
    1 x Vintage Omega Crown (Not Flat Foot)
    1 x Vintage Omega Buckle and unused Leather strap (Geckota Horween)
    2 x NASA style Straps
    1 x Omega Strap Changing Tool
    1 x Omega Loupe
    1 x Omega Paper Weight
    1 x Modified Large Omega Box
    1 x 1501 Red Box Vintage with insert
    1 x Vintage Omega Hang-Tag
    1 x Red Plastic Omega Guarantee Holder
    1 x Vintage You and Your Omega booklet (undated but before 1968)
    1 x Viintage Omega Gauarnee Booklet from 1966
    1 x Swiss Timekeepers Card 1965/1966
    1 x Omega Chronographen Instruction Booklet German from 1965-4
    1 x Extract from the Archives
    1 x Envelope containing all original Insurance Papers from the initial sale 17/6/1966
    1 x Warranty, transferrable to new owner

Here's a last pic comparing my 105.012-65 (before the hands were re-lumed) to that of Armstrongs which was produced 2 months later. Mine's on the left in case you can't tell..;)
    [​IMG]

Edited Mar 20, 2021
    bikehomero, befobe, Risto and 7 others like this.
  2. maxbelg Mar 13, 2021

Bump: added lume shots and a price-drop from 14k to 13.5k Euro :)

Edited Mar 13, 2021
  3. maxbelg Mar 14, 2021

A bit of interest but not sold yet. I think my price was a little on the high side, so I'm reducing it to 13k Euro . I had some questions on what exactly the "package" contains and have now added it to the listing at the bottom. Here's the list as well:

Omega 105.012-65
    JB Vintage Bracelet
    Forstner Komfit Bracelet
    Pahawi Case Opener
    2 x NASA style Straps
    1 x Omega Loupe
    1 x Omega Paper Weight
    1 x Envelope containing all original Insurance Papers from the initial sale 17/6/1966
    1 x Warranty, transferable

Edited Mar 14, 2021
  4. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Mar 14, 2021

GLWS ;)

maxbelg likes this.
  5. micampe Mar 14, 2021

:cautious:

sonicosa and maxbelg like this.
  6. maxbelg Mar 14, 2021

Sorry, I meant Neil Armstrong!!! ::facepalm1::

Here's a link to Armstrongs watch with a pic where the serial number can be seen:
    https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/chronograph-armstrong-apollo-11/nasm_A19731247000

According to ilovemyspeedmaster.com the production date of Armstrongs watch was june 1966 and my watch left the factory 20 April 1966 according to my extract. I added a pic of my watch next to Armstrongs watch at the bottom of my listing (OK it wasn't actually NEXT to the watch in real life....:p) Mine's on the left by the way....

Edited Mar 14, 2021
    Enzo and micampe like this.
  7. maxbelg Mar 15, 2021

Bump and 3d Pricedrop to 12.5k Euro for this package:

Omega 105.012-65
    JB Vintage Bracelet
    Forstner Komfit Bracelet
    Pahawi Case Opener
    2 x NASA style Straps
    1 x Omega Loupe
    1 x Omega Paper Weight
    1 x Warranty, transferable

Edited Mar 15, 2021
  8. maxbelg Mar 16, 2021

Bump with 4th Price Drop to 12k Euro :)

9. maxbelg Mar 17, 2021

Prices have really softened so another pricedrop to 11.5k Euro......I believe it's a very good price now for this entire package! :thumbsup:

befobe likes this.
  10. maxbelg Mar 18, 2021

Bump :), staying at 11.5k Euro for this package.

Edited Mar 18, 2021
  11. maxbelg Mar 19, 2021

Bump with, probably, the final Price Drop to 11k Euro! According to Speedmaster 101's price chart, a head only price for a 105.012-65 (good condition) is USD 14000 (around 11740 Euro). So the entire rest of the package including the 1501/16 bracelet is free.....:D

Edited Mar 19, 2021
  12. maxbelg Mar 20, 2021

WITHDRAWN: Send me a pm if you stumble across this sales thread and are interested, I'm withdrawing here for now and am probably going to sell it elsewhere.

Thanks OF for the space! :thumbsup:

EDIT 2/4/21: SOLD, thanks!

Edited Apr 2, 2021
  13. bikehomero Mar 21, 2021

As long it's not Lance Armstrong, evrything is nice. :thumbsup:

maxbelg likes this.