Forums Latest Members

FS (REDUCED) Gangl. valjoux 7750 Chronograph

1. chipsotoole Oct 8, 2017

Hi there,
    This is my first for sale ad as a member of the OF forum so I will do my best to be as accurate and clear as possible. I have been an eBay member (Chipsotoole) for many many years and I have 100% feedback with over 475 transactions. I'm offering this item for sale here first. IMG_2807.jpg

You'll have to do a lot of trawling and research to find out much about Gangl watches. All I managed to ascertain is that they are a 3rd generation high end jewellers operating out of Cincinnati. They are more well known in watch collecting circles for a limited edition all gold chronograph they produced a while back.

I am the third owner of the watch. I bought it from an Austrian collector who told me he's bought it a decade ago from a Swiss collector, who bought it new...this is possibly hearsay, but the condition of the watch certainly suggests a lot of care. I believe this watch is from somewhere in the 90's ,but there is no box or paperwork to confirm this....Which might make the original collector story a little implausible.

The Gangl is powered by a 2016 revised (by previous owner) Valjoux 7750 movement. It works flawlessly and keeps excellent time. Those of you familiar with how they work will notice the trademark "feel " on the wrist with an occasional soft whirring noise . The heavy rotor is spinning perfectly with no marks as you can see through the perfectly unmarked display back.

The case and strap whilst showing signs of some wear are hardly marked at all unless under extreme magnification. The crystal is flawless.

All the Chronograph and date functions work exactly as they should with the sweeper hand returning precisely to 12 on reset and the half-pull crown out for quick date set. IMG_2807.jpg IMG_2803.jpg IMG_2806.jpg IMG_2802.jpg IMG_2800.jpg IMG_2804.jpg IMG_2808.jpg IMG_2805.jpg IMG_2801.jpg

Now i'm posting the pictures I can see that what was ok on the phone screen might not be the best photos on a computer screen. I'd be happy to send more photos of any aspect of the watch to prospective buyers. But I'm sure there's enough to see from these pictures that it is really really nice condition.

I bought it because I wanted a dial with Roman numerals or so I thought , but it's not getting the wrist time I expected.....I'm too in love with my vintage Omegas and JLC's. and I want to pass it on to someone who'll enjoy it more.
    It may have the industry standard valjoux 7750 movement in it, but to my mind it is a lot more classy and unusual than many of the other named sport Chronos out there with garish cases housing a similar movement. This one is housed in a really lovely top notch, classy SS case . Additionally , from the collectors point of view, you are very unlikely to see another Gangl watch anywhere, anytime soon. Try looking on eBay!!

I'm asking 525 US Dollars or 420 Euros + DHL tracked postage to anywhere in the world (15 Euros) except China (sorry, had too much "bad luck" sending there). I think this is an extremely fair price and I'm pricing it to sell. If you'd like additional insurance that can be added on too. Buyer pays for any additional customs charges at country of delivery. Payment is by PayPal (friends and family) or by intl. bank transfer, whatever you feel most comfortable with.
    Please PM me if this interests you, or if any of you feel I have made any mistakes or omissions in my first sales post.
    Thanks for taking the time to look.

Mike Malcolm
    (Chipsotoole)

mikechi22 likes this.
  2. chipsotoole Oct 11, 2017

bump!

3. chipsotoole Oct 13, 2017

BUMP
    Reduced!!! : It's going on eBay either this weekend or next. Will drop price to 475 Dollars or 395 Euros.

4. chipsotoole Oct 20, 2017

Final Bump. Sunday night it goes on : 400 USD or 360 Euros....This is bargain territory...

Ziggy_Stardust likes this.