Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Seamaster 166.0209 (1979) Stainless Steel

1. jimmyd13 May 25, 2017

Hi all,

I have to make some room in my watch box (we all know that feeling, right?) so I'm going to offer this one up for sale.

No need to scroll down to the bottom for the huge price tag, I'm asking reduction: £390, plus postage (this is to OF Members only, no trade, no strangers ... if it doesn't go here in a few days, I'll post it up on eBay for the rest of the world to see). Paypal is easiest but I'll take wire transfers too. Any fees to be taken by the buyer.

I measure the case at 35mm (38 with crown). It's a 1020 automatic movement and was serviced within the last month. Warranty from the watchmaker will go with the watch. The watch is on an 1193 bracelet with 725 endlinks that are bringing £100 or so on their own. I'm sure there are plenty of things people want to know that I've not mentioned but, if it's not obvious from the photos, feel free to ask in the thread. If it's anything else, ask me in a PM. Price is firm, I'm afraid - I don't think it's a lot for this watch and I'm not making more than beer money out of it.

Condition:
    there's a nick in the case at the 5.30 mark.
    Few minor scratches. All of this should be visible from the photos.
    Non-omega acrylic glass (I was sure this came with an original. The watchmaker must have fitted a generic one when serviced ... I will have words).
    Some spotting on the dial. The only one visible to my naked eye is at the 3 o'clock but other spots are visible with a loupe.
    Date and day rings have a differing colour (looks like the day ring was swapped out at some point in its life).

I've worn it a few times (probably twice) since it returned from service and it keeps time well enough but, I'll be honest, I've not checked it. Certainly well within a minute a day. Everything else about the watch is great and even the things listed above are probably just me nit-picking ... but we're all the same here when it comes to that (aren't we?). It's unpolished, bracelet retains its brushed finish. Clasp is pretty good (I have run a cape cod cloth over the clasp and case).

Here's the pics:

IMAG0573.jpg IMAG0557.jpg IMAG0569.jpg IMAG0571.jpg IMAG0574.jpg IMAG0578.jpg IMAG0563.jpg IMAG0564.jpg IMAG0565.jpg IMAG0567.jpg IMAG0552.jpg IMAG0553.jpg IMAG0554a.jpg IMAG0555.jpg IMAG0556.jpg

Original catalogue image:

23376.jpg

Feedback: I have a few small sales on OF as well as a few larger purchases. 100% feedback on eBay under the name "sjpilkington". Will be happy to do a face to face sale if preferred, just PM for details.

Other than that, thanks for looking and thanks, OF, for the space.

Cheers,

Simon

(Oh, bracelet size: it's sized for me 197mm/8 inch wrist and has a couple of adjustments left in the clasp - probably go to 8 1/4 inches total).

IMAG0554.jpg IMAG0555.jpg
    Edited May 29, 2017
  2. jimmyd13 May 26, 2017

Quick bump.

3. jimmyd13 May 29, 2017

I was talking to a dealer on Saturday and we got talking about this watch. He said my pricing was a little strong so, I'll take a hit on this and reduce it to £390 plus postage. No pressure sales, but it will be on eBay in a couple of days.

Simon