Forums Latest Members
  1. Crossfire Jun 23, 2014

Omega Medicus

For sale very old Omega Medicus on a legendary movement 23.4 SC. It is legendary because it is the first movement with center second in Omega Manufacture history. It comes from 1935 - 1938. The name of this model is: Medicus. It has come from the fact that it was very expensive model because of the first movement with center second, and waterproof / water resistant case. Only doctors and other wealthy people could afford for it that's why it's luxurious. A lot of doctors used it for measure the pressure. It was first Omega watch which enable to do this. Omega hasn't produced a lot of watches like that one and nowadays, there are unique and hard to find.

The movement, cal. 23.4 SC on 15 jewels with characteristic big jewel on the pin of the balance wheel. After servicing in great condition.

Stainless steel case. The cover has the same reference as the number on the lug: 190. Perhaps it is 190th Medicus produced by Omega Manufacture. The case and the cover has some scratches. On the cover you could see some dust under the seal. It is dust and beginning of rust. It is under original Omega seal. If you want you can peel of the seal and clean it. I leave it to your decision.

Original crystal without any scratches.

Original Omega crown.

Dial and all hands in original state of preservation. Never renovated. Hour and minute hand shine in black and blue colour.

Leather strap probably original made by Omega.

Dimension: 33 mm with crown, 10 mm thickness

I prefer paypal or a bank transfer. I accept worldwide shipping. Cost of priority shipping with tracking number is my gift for you so it is on my sight. If you want insure package tell me about it, it will be additional cost.Pm me if you have any question. Resonable offers may be considered.

Reduced price: 460 USD

DSC_0092.jpg DSC_0094.jpg DSC_0096.jpg DSC_0097.jpg DSC_0099.jpg DSC_0101.jpg DSC_0102.jpg DSC_0105.jpg DSC_0111.jpg DSC_0115.jpg DSC_0121.jpg DSC_0129.jpg
  2. Crossfire Jun 25, 2014

If needed I have many positive feedbacks on wus.

3. Crossfire Jun 28, 2014

Reduce

4. Crossfire Jul 1, 2014

still available

5. Crossfire Jul 3, 2014

I think it is last reduce

6. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Jul 3, 2014

If I may add a couple of information :

This model is a Naiad, equipped with the 23.4SC (first Omega with central second created in 1936 as you mentioned), not a Medicus.

I have never seen, on the period documents, the name Medicus given by Omega on any other watch than the very first square model from 1936. The next models with a 23.4 SC had different names (St Christophe, Chantilly, Monaco, Naiad). The Naid line was the waterproof line by Omega created in 1937. Omega now uses the name Medicus for all 23.4 SC presented in its vintage database, but I am pretty sure this is not right.

Your model is the first one in the Naiad series, easily recognisable with its back that is larger than the case (ref CK2064, created in 1937). You should turn the case back by 180°, the little space that we can see at 9 is the one to allow the crown to turn and should be at 3.

The 190 number is just a number that was used during assembly not to mix case parts, unless I'm wrong, and probably doesn't refer to the number of the watch in the production line.

Nice and lovely watch, which seems all original to me.

7. Crossfire Jul 4, 2014

Thanks. You got a lot of information about it. It is Naiad I think. Sorry, i didn't know before. Once againg thanks comedon

8. Crossfire Jul 7, 2014

still available

9. Crossfire Jul 7, 2014

sold