Forums Latest Members

FS: Omega 2777-1 Military 'Thin Arrow' Radium Dial Cal. 283

1. Sharp Aug 24, 2018

Second watch up for grabs this week is this lovely 1953 Omega Radium ‘thin arrow’

Description:

Dial/hands: Thin arrow matte black dial with radium plots, signed SWISS MADE, the plots have aged to a nice dark brown colour. The dial shows a little radium burn to the surface and minor speckling around the edges, most visible near the 5 o’clock – I have tried to illustrate this in the pictures. Two flecks of white paint are missing, one from the arrow and one from the O in Omega but overall is very attractive with no scratches/abuse. The hands have aged a slightly different tone and show surface discolouration (seems to be common in this reference). Central seconds hand has lost a little paint but importantly not been attacked with modelling paint - dial and hands appear completely untouched.

Case:
    Excellent sharp case body with fixed springbars, shows light wear and marks all over as one would expect from an issued military watch but no real abuse, one noteworthy scratch on the top left lug only. Case back has clear markings some slight denting/wear but again only one noteworthy long scratch around the edge from sloppy opening. Crown appears original. Maintains the correct anti-mag cap and ring holding it in place, and what looks like a lead case seal.

Movement: Cal. 283 movement winds and ticks, I did have it serviced several years ago but hold no paperwork, it does show some wear and marks on the screw heads, but overall is clean with consistently coloured plating.13m Serial. I would recommend a service before use and do not wish to guarantee timekeeping.

Bracelet: Fitted on a contemporary Bonklip bracelet in equally nice condition to the watch

Summary: Super nice example, so difficult to find in good condition and a nice wearable 36mm size, I doubt I will find one this good again. I prefer to keep descriptions pretty basic and just sell off the pictures provided which I believe clearly illustrate the watches condition.

My Price: I am offering this watch for £8500 net to me via bank transfer; this includes shipping anywhere in the world (likely via Fedex). The watch is located in the UK and I could transact face-to-face in London with established members if requested.

Returns: I have never had anyone ask for a return, I would consider it only if the watch is terribly misdescribed. I am not going to refund you if it gains 12 seconds in a day after 3 weeks.

thinarrow12.jpg thinarrow11.jpg thinarrow10.jpg thinarrow9.jpg thinarrow8 copy.jpg thinarrow5.jpg thinarrow4.jpg thinarrow3.jpg thinarrow2.jpg thinarrow1.jpg 2777112222.png

2. Vintagewtchzilla Aug 24, 2018

now this is finally a very good one :thumbsup:

glws

Brianstoops and Foo2rama like this.
  3. tmw57 Aug 25, 2018

Absolutely agree. One of the nicest TA's I have seen in years.

jB1128, rbob99 and Brianstoops like this.
  4. Sharp Aug 27, 2018

This is SOLD, thanks

jB1128 and rbob99 like this.
  5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 27, 2018

Why don't you change the prefix of you title from FS to Sold, to reflect that fact?

6. Sharp Aug 27, 2018

Because I don't have editing privileges on any posts (long story), thanks for the tip though