Forums Latest Members

FS FABULOUS OMEGA SPEEDMASTER 145.022-69 "STRAIGHT WRITING"

1. bernarddevos Nov 24, 2015

Sometimes you need to sell one of your best watches in order to buy a maybe even better one.
    So I am selling with some regrets this fantastic Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-69 "STRAIGHT WRITING".

"This was Omega’s first response to the Speedmaster’s involvement in 1969 Moon landings. There are actually three different versions.
    These are quite rare, but so far the market places a very small premium on them."
    Read more on this watch here: http://speedmaster101.com/145-022-straight-writing/

I bought this watch one year ago from another well respected member from the Chronocentric community.

The watch is in an exceptional good condition. I truly believe all parts are the original that came with the watch when sold new.
    Case seems to be untouched and has only some very minor hairline scratches that are very hard to see with the naked eye.
    The engravings on the caseback look as when new. Very often these have faded over time. That is not the case here.
    ( please note there is a plastic sticker on the caseback to protect the engravings )

Bezel has faded to a lovely grey/blue colour and though it has some scrathes it is in very good condition.
    This bezel has the dot next to 90 ( DN90 ) which is correct for this watch.

Original plexy in very good condition with the Omega logo still visible ( see picture 7 ).

The stepped dial is in extremely good condition. I would not call this a tropical dial though it is not black.
    I would say the colour is more like a very dark chocolate. I included a picture of the watch next to my 2014 Speedy to give an idea of the difference.
    Hour markers have a superb beige colour. Lume of the hands have a greenish colour I am very fond of.

Mechanically the watch is 100%. Keeping very good time, great power reserve. Chrono working as it should and resetting perfectly.
    Pushers are very clean and crisp.

Model: Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-69 "Straight writing"
    Movement: Calibre 861

Price: 4,150 euro ( insured shipping and a very nice brown Bulang strap included )
    ( I give a full refund in case the watch would not be as described )
    ( I have no pictures of the movement but I have seen it and I can guarantee it is extremely clean, no corrosion and all the original parts )

Kind regards,
    Bernard DSC_0170.JPG DSC_0171.JPG DSC_0173.JPG DSC_0174.JPG DSC_0176.JPG DSC_0178.JPG DSC_0179.JPG DSC_0180.JPG DSC_0185.JPG DSC_0188.JPG DSC_0190.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG DSC_0192.JPG DSC_0194.JPG DSC_0197.JPG DSC_0198.JPG
    gogetta31, Fraczish, PatrickJ and 7 others like this.
  2. bernarddevos Dec 4, 2015

OHPF

Steve1haggart likes this.