Forums Latest Members
  1. Caspian Mar 23, 2019

Hello everybody. I am a newbie here and I am French so excuse me for my English. I have just bought my first omega on the bay. My knowledge is poor and I have a doubt about its authenticity I will receive it Monday so I post the photo of my English seller. The origin of my doubts is that the applied indexes on the Arabic dial are gold and the hands are steel . After a quick research on the net I saw dials like mine but always with steel hands. I think that maybe the dial is incorrect. But I heard that in that time the client could choose like an option the style of the dial. What do you you think about it I am in time to return the watch ? I have attached a photo. Thank you very much for your help. Have a good weekend
    Bruno

20190323_101638.jpg
    Edited Mar 23, 2019
    sjg22 likes this.
  2. Mac5 Mar 23, 2019

The links to the photos don't work. You need to get the back off and find the ref. number and calibre. That is going to help you the most. If you have your doubts, return it.

3. Caspian Mar 23, 2019

Thank you. The Caliber is a 601. I didn't receive the watch yet. I have no better photo than the photo you can see for now.

4. snunez Mar 23, 2019

That is rather good research for someone new to the forum. I would agree even without that though. They somehow look 'wrong'.

5. Dan S Mar 23, 2019

Those hands appear to have black inlay on the inner part and lume on the outer part. I agree that they do not match the dial.

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 23, 2019

One would expect gold hands when the dial has gold figures.

Spruce likes this.
  7. Caspian Mar 24, 2019

Ok. I was so excited by the watch and its price (250 pounds) that I pulled the trigger on it before a research (that and the fact that 24 other persons were interested on it) I was afraid to loose it. Thanks for your help. Have a good day. I hope that the seller will accept a return without discussion (the announce says "no return").