Franken or not? Omega Seamaster Calendar

I am interested in acquiring this watch but I have not seen one with the inner caseback number of 2848 4.

Can anyone confirm if this is all original?

Also, the movement looks like it could use a lot of love. And whoever tried opening the watch wasn’t particularly skilled, it seems (might be just the corrosion misleading me there, though).

Dial looks very good though! If offered for a very low price, could be a great beater. Would you mind sharing the price?

Thanks everyone! Always amazed at the wealth of knowledge of everyone here.

@Rudi99 seller is asking $450. But I feel it can go down to 350-380

Why would you spend your money on something that clearly isn't correct and in poor condition as well?

I wouldn't even buy it for parts. Poor movement and case has pitting

DON

I don’t think this is a bad price for a nice looking 1950s Omega. At that age you expect a few wrinkles. And as @schoolboy once said, “no one sees the back”.

Of course, you have to factor in a service but it’s a quality watch with a quality movement and, although you clearly won’t ever sell it on to an OF expert, you’ll enjoy wearing it, in due course someone, somewhere will be happy to take it off your hands for a reasonable price and, whilst you may well get a nicer Calendar at bigger price, you may not and you might regret passing up on this. Still, your call.