Forums Latest Members
  1. msp1518 Jun 3, 2014

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380917246616?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I was looking for 565 movements (because I cannot stop myself from looking) and came across this auction. What's the story with this weird looking thing? Ugly as heck and what looks to be a repainted dial that has seen better days.

But the movement seems legit. I wouldn't mind buying a Franken at a good price to have a spare 565 movement. I've a Omega SM300 in the works (parts at Archer's now) and with Omega restricting parts and Lord knows what else down the road it couldn't hurt to have a spare movement, right?

Anyway, opinions greatly appreciated.

2. Hijak Jun 3, 2014

I would be careful on this...movement does not look good! Two things really bother me about this, first the different colors of the movement parts (this has been messed with and parts switched out), and secondly look at the wear on the inside of the case back and on the rotor (the rotor has been rubbing the case back, never a good thing). I would stay away this is a turd in every way possible.

citizenrich likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 4, 2014

Quite right!

It's a "HOSE" (Heap Of Shitty Excrement)

Buy it and you'll get HOSED.

'nuff said

citizenrich likes this.
  4. msp1518 Jun 4, 2014

Thanks for the info, gents. That's why I asked it here. You know far more than I!

I'm definitely locked in on a 565. Case and dial already purchased and I have a 565 movement that just arrived at Archers. In the end i'll want a spare 565 movement to hold onto for down the road.

Burrellnl likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 4, 2014

Check the Omega vintage database for all models containing a 565 and then keep an eye out for donors.
    Some watches for sale by family/freinds as opposed to pro sellers often have good movements even though you don't get movement shots.
    Arrrrgh!
    Why am I giving away all of my tips for movement sourcing ;)

Good luck with it anyway Matt.

Hijak likes this.