Found - Newspaper Clippings from World War 2.

Fascinating! My mom (still alive) was a little girl living in London during the Battle of Britain. Had to carry a gasmask to school every day and go into tube stations during air raid warnings. But as a child she says she found it more exciting than horror.

Oh and here's my 1940s watch

Amazing stuff, my dad was telling me recently about when he was kid playing around an abandoned RAF base in the mid 50's, it had just been left as it was so he and his friends could just climb over the fence to wander and rummage around the whole site. He said there were tons of unused stores still lying about untouched since the day the base had closed up, nobody cared, they were all just happy to be de-mobbed and going home.

The chrono CK2381 is from about 1943 and the CK 2186 has an Extract from 1941, German delivery.

Great reading those,it really places you in the times of ww2 in a vicarious sort of way, almost feel you are living thru it.

Fascinating stuff and very interesting to see a picture of my grandfathers aircraft carrier, the Illustrious.

bueautiful articles and watches!! Very rare to see rolex advertising from those years

That 2nd photo is very powerful and says everything we need to know about war

I thought this was also touching - faced with invasion threats, a civilian population being bombed, yet people still managing to retain empathy and humanity. That takes a lot of character.

Thanks for posting these @Duracuir1 . Well worth the scanning time / preserving them.
Real history with a little dollop of propaganda as would be expected. I bet whoever lived at No9 were glad it was just a minor raid ;0).

I think I posted this once before but my Grandmother saw a big daylight raid. Her friend was looking up / there had been no warnings and hundreds of planes came over. People said it was RAF. My Grandmother got binoculars and saw The crosses / told people to get in the shelter. She stayed up and described seeing a few little fighters engage and watching the white contrails like that first picture.
Another time flak / debris came through the window and landed near my Mothers cot. Luck plays a big part in life for sure.

Thank you, that's a fascinating scrap book. When I first moved to London and then preparing to redecorate I lifted some floor covering (rather rancid carpet) and found several wartime newspapers that had been acting as underlay.

«Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few»

Thank you for sharing😀

funny, not funny -- cleaning out a cedar chest from my grandma, I found a few newspapers from JFK's assassination as well as several from WWII, back to 1941 before we were "involved". I can take some pics but the paper is very brittle.

Thanks for posting this. I used to be very interested in WWII in my younger years. Used to watch endless WWII stuff on the History Channel before it devolved into reality TV. In addition to the mass graves, this one really stood out to me. Imagine being that guy.

Good these were not lost in time. These are good to keep the WW2 generation is getting less both my mom and Dad are gone now who lived through it these can tell their story. Here are a few my dad kept since he was a US navy avenger gunner and engineer. This is how my dad was trained to shoot being a ball turret gunner on US Navy avenger torpedo aircraft.
CfbkR5w.jpg
Any member in the bay area this is lake Chabot in Castro Valley
GAvWzWj.jpg
3ugPPx0.jpg
Anyone remember the TV show the untouchables here is Robert Stack the actor teaching gunnery he was an expert skeet shooter before the war so a good job for him. Tell you when my dad told me he was trained by Robert Stack I thought he was blowing smoke up my @#$ until he showed me this newspaper clipping always believe what your dad tells you.
XH8tfUZ.jpg
The aircraft they were training for. Surprising a lot of famous movie actors served in WW2 Jimmy Stewart really surprised me he flew Bombers in Europe on B-24's stayed in the reserve after the war became a general even flew on one bomber mission in Vietnam on a B-52.
Edited: