Found Granddad's speedmaster and other omega in closet, looking for ID and service advice

That looks like a lovely 105.012-66 CB. Interestingly this particular reference is known for the fairly bright yellow lume and bezels that often fade to a very nice shade of grey - both attributes displayed on yours.
Once serviced this will be a great watch, suitable for daily wear or special occasions.

Like 2
+1

Any reason? I use them fairly frequently but have never had an issue requiring me to test their service.

Any reason? I use them fairly frequently but have never had an issue requiring me to test their service.
I - like gbesq - have some problems with the conditions that are set before secursus proceeds to payment. Moreover, the question arises whether secursus is not deliberately cooperating - or even encouraging - to evade taxes because it is not allowed to show what the (value of the) content is.

Like 2
I want to be clear that I have no claims experience with Secursus, but as an attorney, I read their terms and conditions with significant concern and wondered what would happen if I ever had to make a claim. It's also my understanding that Secursus is essentially an insurance broker and not the actual insurer, so that's another layer that I would have to deal with in the claims process. I'm sure that there are many members here who have used Secursus without any issue and I have no reason to recommend or not recommend them. I'm simply saying that I would personally be uncomfortable using their service based upon my reading of their terms and conditions. In the OP's case, I think that it's a moot point because the OP is located in the US and would likely be shipping to a watchmaker in the US and my recollection is that Secursus will not insure domestic shipments.in the US.

Like 4
Can I just say how refreshing it is to hear of a grandfather that wasn't into cheap, fake watches.

Like 6
Obviously I'm looking in the wrong closets,,, :) Nice selection, especially the Speedy

Like 2
Hi everyone,

Reddit told me to post here for more specific advice. My dad just found some of my granddad's old watches in a closet that probably have not seen the sun for about 15 years, and I am starting to do some research on which models they are and how to go about getting them serviced to working condition by someone who will not replace any of the original vintage parts, and potentially could tell me more specifics about each model. If anyone here has 1) knowledge on which specific models these are, or 2) recommendations on a watch repair person or service that could be trusted to open these up (preferably in the DC area), I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I am not looking to sell either, only to get information on them and how to responsibly own them. I am located in the Washington D.C. area if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Both watches:
xApGmTu.jpg

Speedmaster:
msXrUXO.jpg

Speedmaster Up Close:

fKwuYwn.jpg

Speedmaster Caseback:
PU2NTX2.jpg

Unknown Omega:
TnEw2nK.jpg

Unknown Omega Caseback:
wuRXJMF.jpg

Hi everyone,

Reddit told me to post here for more specific advice. My dad just found some of my granddad's old watches in a closet that probably have not seen the sun for about 15 years, and I am starting to do some research on which models they are and how to go about getting them serviced to working condition by someone who will not replace any of the original vintage parts, and potentially could tell me more specifics about each model. If anyone here has 1) knowledge on which specific models these are, or 2) recommendations on a watch repair person or service that could be trusted to open these up (preferably in the DC area), I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I am not looking to sell either, only to get information on them and how to responsibly own them. I am located in the Washington D.C. area if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Both watches:
xApGmTu.jpg

Speedmaster:
msXrUXO.jpg

Speedmaster Up Close:

fKwuYwn.jpg

Speedmaster Caseback:
PU2NTX2.jpg

Unknown Omega:
TnEw2nK.jpg

Unknown Omega Caseback:
wuRXJMF.jpg
Hi, I live in DC area as well. Try Maryland Watchworks in Hagerstown. Eugene is great. He is very familiar with Omega

Wow very nice 66CB case in good condition. Dial is lovely as well. That will be a great heirloom for generations.

Very nice 105.012 CB. Love it. It must be amazing to find a watch like this that belonged to a close relative. Personally I would not trust shipping it anywhere. I am too anal for that and it would make me uneasy. Try to look for good watch repair people in your area and get them started on something less pricey than the Speedy. I found my watch lady locally through yelp reviews (that were stellar) and got her started with some doxa divers from the 60s and then i moved up to the Omegas.

Congrats on the find and as others have said that's a great condition 105.012! You definitely want to find an authorized Omega servicer who has experience with the 321 movement. I think you have received some solid advice from @Dan S, @gbesq and others. I was also wary of shipping one of my watches but luckily enough I had a trip planned to the area near my watchmaker's location so I brought the watch along with me and dropped it off during my trip. The sentimental and monetary value of your watches may be enough for you to consider making a trip out of it once you've narrowed down the watchmaker.

Like 2