Forums Latest Members
  1. precss May 5, 2017

Hello,

I'm curious as to what to do about the watch I found in a box that I took to the local jewelers 2 weeks ago for a crystal. I took more photos with my phone but deleted them. This is the best I have and the writing is what the jeweler wrote when I asked him what the serial number was on the inside.

Should I be concerned it's taking so long? I guess they had to order the crystal. The watch was working. I didn't ask for a cleaning.

Also, it's my exhusband's grandmothers most likely. Should I return it? Or, should I wear it, or give it to his son, or daughter, or sell it? What to do?

I haven't seen anything like it on the internet, but, I'm starting to think it may be rare.

Am I overthinking this whole thing?

IMG_0419[1].JPG IMG_0407[1].JPG
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 5, 2017

Unfortunately, ladies watches aren't very collectible (except to @Syrte) so you won't be able to retire by selling it. 2 weeks isn't a long time if the watchmaker had to find a crystal and wait for it to ship. Photos of the movement and inside the case back, would help...a lot!
    I would keep it for sentimental value.

3. precss May 5, 2017

Sentimental isn't quite the word. Revenge... maybe

The man said it was from the 30's. I thought Nichole Kidman just made them popular again.

Guess I'll be flashing a gold watch now instead of my dad's Timex Indiglo.

I can probably go there and ask to take pictures.....

Thanks.

4. Oku May 5, 2017

if it's your exhusband's grandmother's watch, you should give it to her heiress.

chronos and Syrte like this.
  5. precss May 5, 2017

I gave him the house.

efauser likes this.
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 5, 2017

I would give it to his daughter.

7. precss May 5, 2017

I am paying $165 for the repair...... ugh. That would be the nice thing to do. :D

8. Oku May 5, 2017

him <=> heiress (= daughter)

9. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 5, 2017

I'm curious to see more photos, but that's just because I'm curious. Other than that, others have kind of said it all...

10. precss May 5, 2017

He gave me 7 boxes he packed....... I walked away. I'm better off now. His daughter is nice.

Thanks!