Forums Latest Members
  1. Dr. Laplace Sep 24, 2019

A few days ago a friend of mine called me to tell me that my local watch shop had a couple of omegas that I might be interested in (she said something along the lines of "there's some of those old watches you like in the shop": she's not a connoisseur). To my surprise, the shop had three vintage Omegas, one of them did not interested me: A 1930-40 military style. The other two did interest me. One is a Constellation.

Here's the photos of the connie:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rubber gasket is done for. The back is also worn, however it's to be expected. Other that that I noticed a little rotor rub.

Can you share your wisdom on the watch?

The other watch that I liked is an Omega Memomatic, 980 Cal. I'll post pictures on another thread to keep the topics separate.

2. trash_gordon Sep 24, 2019

I'm interested in that military style Omega. :whistling:

chronos and DaveK like this.
  3. Dr. Laplace Sep 24, 2019

I'll get those photos up for you in another thread.

chronos and trash_gordon like this.
  4. Passover Sep 24, 2019

Pro: Dial is genuine with correct hands

Con: At least the upper left lug is quite rounded, the others could be better but it isn't clear to see
    Crown is wrong
    The case back traces from openening are not as you could expected I think
    Movement is looking rather clean but you ought to count in a service

For me this one is a pass :(

EDIT: Just beeing curious, what is the asking price?

5. seekingseaquest Sep 24, 2019

trash_gordon likes this.
  6. Dr. Laplace Sep 24, 2019

To me it seemed that the crown was wrong, but was not sure. Now, I am not one to say that I would discard buying a watch that had a replacement crown, however the store swears that everything is original which makes me seriously question the validity of everything they say.
    The asking price is around 900 USD.

7. ConElPueblo Sep 24, 2019

I agree, mostly because I am picky with condition. The price isn't bad, IMO, and the dial condition is good. The wrong crown is very common and wouldn't scare me away, @Dr. Laplace. That the shop doesn't know about which crown suits a Constellation isn't surprising and if it's an Omega replacement crown it will have a logo and seem correct to most.