Forums Latest Members

FOTD Facepalm Of The Day thread

1. Canuck Dec 15, 2019

Four boy friends! How lovely. A new take on Russian roulette.

janice&fred and Rochete like this.
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 15, 2019

noelekal, eugeneandresson and 89-0 like this.
  3. janice&fred Dec 25, 2019

4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 25, 2019

IMHO, a new guy (or gal?), giving attitude to and trolling a long-standing member who adds value to the OF in this way, is the facepalm here. The thread linked by Janice (or was it Fred?) is actually quite fascinating, except for the bits where, despite the OP stating why he does not want to post SN or caseback pics just yet (but that he will once the extract comes), Janice (or was it Fred?) just can’t accept. Another facepalm IMHO.

5. janice&fred Dec 25, 2019

hey it's his humorous facepalm thread so he shouldn't take himself too serious.

as far as "a new guy (or gal)" i'm fred and while I might have not been a member here I have been a long standing member of many other watch forums for many years and very well known in the vintage rolex and watch arena.

so...what you are saying is I need to wait a few years before I can express my views, which are of course the blatant reality of the ridiculous thread on this put together watch? I have been collecting and dealing in exotic collectible watches for over 30 years and while I can't say I've seen everything, I've seen a lot and that "one-off sample special" watch is a put together franken. so...if kov is going to sandbag and insist he needs to wait before showing the membership the basics of the watch, after he made such a hysterical announcement over the thing, then someone is up to something.

6. janice&fred Dec 25, 2019

seems the sword cuts both ways. I inquire for case back and further pics (and I was not the only one asking for such) and kov points out my short time as a member and tells me to busy myself in other threads. well isn't this thread ironic?

so am I to understand that one needs to walk on eggshells when it comes to speaking the truth to a fellow member with more posts under his belt? when asking questions to kov he tells me to go elsewhere to other threads on the forum? treat people with respect and you will get the same. your thread on your "incredible find" points to one of two possible scenarios, and neither are good.

ErichPryde and dennisthemenace like this.
  7. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 25, 2019

‘I’m the pope’ and such bold claims hold little value here. We take stock of a person from how they respond and treat others. Seeing as you have little history, the way you are dealing with your issue does not reflect well on yourself.

While the state of the particular dial is irrelevant for this particular discussion, your failure to acknowledge and respect someone’s wishes with what they will provide and when, on their own private property, is not (despite being assured that it will be provided). And now you continue to repeat yourself. Simply put : get over it, and move on :thumbsup:

Edit: ps : I too would like to see the outcome of the extract, chat with the museum etc, but no matter how much I rant, I will not be able to rush that process nor make him post such pics etc. Until then wooosaaaa...relax, enjoy life.

Edited Dec 25, 2019
  8. janice&fred Dec 25, 2019

this is rich, seeing as how my disagreement is with kov, a member that not long ago accused a newbie of attempting to defraud the US government for simply arranging a face to face transaction in New York. dollars to donuts that newbie had his fill of this site after that. that newbie also happened to be a watch collector from Australia, and could very well have become a knowledgeable participating member of this forum. now...tell me again about how one should treat others on this site?

my point of my contributions to kov's bizarre thread is if one is splattering the site with a thread on some mega-rare snuck out the back sample watch they should at the very least be more forthcoming and not hide otherwise mainstream additional info like a picture of the back of the watch and case number. how is that going to have any impact on some extract they are waiting for? and...be more respectful toward a new member as it could very well be that new member forgot more about vintage watches then they know themselves. I joined this site as it centers on omegas which I am particularly fond of. since I have joined I have made it a point to answer newbies respectfully about their watch questions, and contributed info when I could. I don't need you lecturing me on how to behave toward kov. if this latest thread (contribution as you put it) of his on that seamaster is any example of his expertise then he will have to develop a thicker skin.

9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 25, 2019

mate. get over it.

10. janice&fred Dec 25, 2019

no problem. stop attacking with baseless baloney and I will stop defending and pointing out the reality. I had no disagreement with you so leave this alone. I've now had my say, so as long as kov has nothing to say to me then it's all good.

11. Radiumpassion Dec 25, 2019

So, when do we meet Janice:)

12. CaptainWinsor Dec 25, 2019

sounds like you joined just to start a fight

Benbradstock and aap like this.
  13. janice&fred Dec 25, 2019

or you want to prolong one? i already said it's all good.

14. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Dec 25, 2019

No thank you.

15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 25, 2019

Training for
    6F9E4502-D111-4762-80AF-6F4E4690743C.png

Longbow, Linzer, Sidnos and 6 others like this.
  16. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Dec 25, 2019

Oh good god.

Reminds me of a woman I’d see on the Toronto subway year’s ago. She had a huge beehive hairdo with a generous space hollowed out in the front. Here she installed decorative bars to keep her budgie from flying away. Yep, she turned her hair into a bird cage ::facepalm1::

kkt likes this.
  17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 25, 2019

Did she ever wonder why people called her "shit head"?

(unless the budgie had a little diaper :D).

eugeneandresson likes this.
  18. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Dec 25, 2019

No diaper for the bird, the poop factor was always highly disturbing ::puke::

19. Wivac Terribly special Dec 26, 2019

Absolute legend.

20. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Dec 26, 2019

DaveK and eugeneandresson like this.