Forums Latest Members

Forum Member with no maners (that's me...)!!

1. hansaboy Feb 11, 2023

Jeeezzz....

Reading @Duracuir1 recent post made me do some serious thinking!
    I have not done a proper introduction, I only went wambam….Speedy, Sub, blablabla!
    And pestered you Folks with my questions etc etc.

Really shameless of me!:(

So here it goes:
    Born 1966, married (for a looooong time now..) and with 2 daughters.
    I live in the southern parts of Sweden, spend the summers boating and the winters on skiis.
    And in between this, I try and keep my company afloat, working in the construction bizznizz....

And on top of that, I love watches!
    Preferably vintage, but I do have some ”modern” ones as well.
    You might know by know that I have a tendancy to follow auctions and sales…??
    So thats me…

Once again - sorry for this very late intro!

And I think I also have to show a frekking watch???
    Here is a recent Barn-find....well I found it in my attic…;)

But anyway, its a 1998 promo watch from Audi that I got when I picked up my Audi TT (back in the good old days…)!
    I had it for a few weeks, then put it in a box and actually forgot about it.
    Had a clean up and throw day (wifes idea:eek:), and found it!
    So here it is!

Cheers and have a lovely week-end!

IMG_8252.JPG IMG_8253.JPG

2. TrboDieselPwrd Feb 11, 2023

Um, welcome, haha
    I definitely enjoy reading your posts and about all of the interesting finds that you come across! It seems like Sweden is rich with cool vintage watches!

hansaboy likes this.
  3. janice&fred Feb 11, 2023

Don't be too hard on yourself as no one noticed. In the whole scheme of things forum-wise you obviously don't really matter. :D

Mad Dog, Watch Later, STANDY and 3 others like this.
  4. McKinley Feb 11, 2023

I would have to admit that I am guilty of this as well. I have never done the full on intro thing, but as I have posted my yard sale and junk shop finds I have alluded to the "Old Maine Yankee" skin flint in me. Yes, I have paid up for some expensive watches, even a DateJust a few years ago. Glad I did it then. I am 60 years old, lucky enough to have retired at 58. I have a beautiful wife, who as well as working as a nurse and making a nice home for us, is the one in the family to own the tool box. I am the least mechanically inclined man you will ever "net" meet. We have one daughter who looks like me, but manages to make that look beautiful. She has more of her mother's personality, she is nice and not a an old crumudgen like myself. She will start college to become a teacher in the Fall. My other hobbies are investing, collecting firearms and coins. I pick up silver and gold wherever and whenever I can. So, my hobbies coincide with the thrifting, antique hounding trips. I collect mostly vintage watches. The modern ones just seem too damn big to my eye. I have both of my Grandfathers' watches and though one is a Timex Marlin and the other a re-dialed Hamilton, they would be the last watches I would ever sell. I do ask a lot of questions about a watch when I find one, but I do try and do some of my own research beforehand. I have seen what happens when you don't on other newbies threads. LOL

Maybe this thread can become the thread where all of us who have sinned can confess. LOL It has an AA meeting feel to it. I am McKinley and I did not introduce myself properly. :whipped:

5. hansaboy Feb 11, 2023

Hey now…you sound like my wife!!;)

Duracuir1 and janice&fred like this.
  6. EuroDriver 1st Seamaster 75th Anniversary Owner Feb 11, 2023

My name is Nathan and I did not introduce myself properly. I have a very dry sense of humor which tends to piss people off in forums. And I really like to have my questions answered.
    ::book::

7. Bruce235 Feb 11, 2023

We have much in common. I was born in 65 so close, married for a long time with two daughters. Live in Southern Canada. Boat and ski as well. Work in insurance though.
    Welcome to OF.

hansaboy and Duracuir1 like this.
  8. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Feb 11, 2023

I don’t really matter either @hansaboy

My forum contributions are like the old cartoons that they used to show before the movies. While people are getting their popcorn and using the WC. I am not even the “coming attractions”.

Watch Later, hansaboy and janice&fred like this.
  9. josiahg52 Feb 11, 2023

It's always a question of how much to share in a public forum. I never formally introduced myself either.

I live in Maine and I'm a US Submariner. Grew up in real northern California. Joined the Navy at 18, been doing it ever since even though I'm no longer active duty. Bought a Rolex Submariner when I was younger, sold it. Regret it looking at how Rolex has changed. Always wanted an Omega chronograph, finally got one, then bought a few others. Like loud guns, sharp knives, fast cars, bright flashlights, Swiss timepieces. Just want to be left alone so I can live the rest of my life how I best see fit.

Watch Later, ghce, Walrus and 6 others like this.
  10. Olhenry56 Feb 11, 2023

I've been on this forum for about a year now and never really introduced myself. Most folks probably think I'm an old man named Henry. Born in 83, my name is Joseph. Closing in on 40 this year, I guess I am an old man to my 3 kids, but "Old Henry" was the name my dad and uncles gave to the 1956 Ford F100 I was allowed to drive for a few years in highschool. Lifelong Texan, though that will probably change once the older kids graduate in a few years.

Watch Later and Kiltie like this.
  11. McKinley Feb 11, 2023

Hello fellow Mainer! Well, an import at least. LOL There are a few of us here. I know @MDubs is from Maine also. I have been thinking for a while "all 6 of us" should have a meet up sometime. Maybe when the weather warms up a bit. That would give us time to plan. Anyone else in?

McK

josiahg52 likes this.
  12. josiahg52 Feb 11, 2023

Yes! I would like to do this. There are some Mainers on WUS, too.

McKinley likes this.
  13. janice&fred Feb 12, 2023

You hillbillies from Maine talk funny.

ghce, hansaboy and McKinley like this.
  14. Watch my Whisky Feb 12, 2023

Okay then….

15. hansaboy Feb 12, 2023

Have you met any Swedes…?

allwoundup, McKinley and janice&fred like this.
  16. Pianotuna Feb 12, 2023

Is there a statute of limitations on the belated introductions?

janice&fred likes this.
  17. janice&fred Feb 12, 2023

Yep and you're too late.

STANDY and blufinz52 like this.
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 12, 2023

vert der ferk.jpg

StudebakerHawk and hansaboy like this.
  19. Walrus Feb 12, 2023

Thanks for your service. I am fascinated by submarines and they things they can do (of which I know very little) but I’m pretty sure I’d have a panic attack if I was on one going deep and I contemplated the amount of water pressure around me.

Watch Later and josiahg52 like this.
  20. Watch Later Feb 12, 2023

Thanks @hansaboy for starting this thread. This is for me too. I just jumped in sharing my stuff. Never asked anything though because here I have found almost anything I could think of.
    I read many forums related to my many hobbies but I haven't participated very much anywhere so I am still learning manners, though in my seventy one years I have hopefully learned some.
    Doing stuff I think defines me maybe well.
    Things like diy audio, restoring motorcycles (older Ducatis mainly), bicycles, sewing, baking but I hope I could stay content just enjoying my few watches.
    As my username suggests I watches started to occupy my time later in my life.
    I can definitely accuse my very good friend for the turn on. I know I have a strong tendency to collect everything but my friends bad :D example hopefully helps me in keeping myself reasonable.
    What a great forum we have.
    The mandatory watch shots show how I straightened the dial of my old Zenith that was ruined in a jewelry store by fitting a wrong type of chrystal some decades ago.
    Shown is a pressing tool and a rudimentary hands press.
    PXL_20221006_155850925.jpg PXL_20221020_131356189_exported_1666286433556.jpg PXL_20221019_084006321.jpg PXL_20221010_172212803.jpg PXL_20221010_163402302.jpg