Forums Latest Members

Fortis Cosmonaut Day/Date Question

1. Omegamatt Nov 5, 2015

I reciently ordered a fortis flieger day date watch. It is a beautiful watch and feels good on wrist. My question is when I went to change the band to a nato strap, I noticed the spring bars were bent a little on both sides. It is a brand new watch and should be all original parts. I don't know if that is how fortis spring bars are suppose to be. Now I replaced the original spring bars with 19mm that seem to fit better but am concerned that the watch could have potentially suffered cosmetic damage because of the original bent spring bars. Am I being too paranoid or is this something to be concerned with. Keep in mind I am not going to use the original strap but I still don't like the idea of the springs that came with the watch were bent. Advice would be much appreciated.

image.jpeg
  2. alam Nov 5, 2015

Perhaps the Fortis OEM strap that came with your watch has a better fit with curved spring bars. I don't think you should be concerned about any potential damage, just make sure the lugs are designed for a 19mm size.

3. Omegamatt Nov 5, 2015

The new lugs I put in seem to fit ok. I didn't even think of the fact that curved spring bars could be present. Thank you. When I put nato strap back on I will put back oem curved bars

4. ulackfocus Nov 5, 2015

The bent spring bars were probably installed to keep the end of the strap from rubbing and wearing against the case. I bet it touches the case between the lugs now, where it might not have or at least wasn't squished against it.

5. Omegamatt Nov 5, 2015

Yes it does I'm going to switch the original curved ones back. The straight ones put it didn't cause any damage to watch right?

6. ulackfocus Nov 5, 2015

Not unless you superglued them in!

7. Omegamatt Nov 5, 2015

Defiantly didn't do that lol

8. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 6, 2015

dont get all freaked out ... its a watch (a very nice one I might add) - but at the end of the day, just a piece of steel ;-)

dont overthink it
    cheers,
    al

9. Omegamatt Nov 6, 2015

Does anyone know if it's suppose to be screw down crown?? Mine is not and I have went on a few sites that sell them that say it has a threaded screw down crown.