Forums Latest Members
  1. MSN001 May 21, 2020

Took delivery of my new Forstner Komfit bracelet this week and it’s a beaut, so pleased the company is back in business. It’s Very comfortable and feels light on the wrist, I can see why many Astronauts chose to put them on their Speedies. One thing definitely worth a mention is how well I can get the bracelet to fit, the design in general is excellent for making small adjustments in fit as the clasp can move along the mesh one row at a time, it’s the most comfortable fit I’ve ever had. Definitely recommend and I received excellent service with a prompt delivery to the UK. Keep up the good work Forstner image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pun, Wabi-sabi, dkpw and 5 others like this.
  2. THX1138 May 21, 2020

I must confess, I’ve been looking at one of these myself. I do like the look of the “horned end“ version, but am unsure which one is historically accurate. (Nice background setting to your photo’s by the way. Apollo launch abort procedures?)

3. Eric304 May 22, 2020

might need to get on now haha

4. wsfarrell May 22, 2020

Most comfortable style of bracelet I've ever worn, by a long shot.

Mad Dog likes this.
  5. Peter_from_NL May 22, 2020

I am wondering about that middle piece on the bars. It looks so close to the case. Is this not scratching the case? I love this. I also love wearing by old BoRs and I think this comes close to that comfort?

D0FDDF7A-2551-432A-918A-15C017859CFC.jpeg

6. Japanred May 22, 2020

I like the bracelet but am more interested in your reading material ;) Anything interesting?

7. Peter_from_NL May 22, 2020

Apollo abort codes / flight instructions....

8. MSN001 May 22, 2020

That’s my Saturn V Flight Manual

I studied Aerospace Systems Engineering at university and then went on to become an Airline Pilot. I like to compare the systems to my own aircraft (A320), ok it’s not a rocket! - but the content interests me looking at Hydraulic/Electrical/Flight Control architecture.

I can’t compare to the BoRs but it’s not making any contact with the case, there is only a couple thou tolerance though!

9. Peter_from_NL May 23, 2020

I already noted the tower jettison text hence my remark!

10. Prestonbarnett May 23, 2020

does this pinch hair at all? I would love the mesh version and this seems like maybe the closest I can find

11. Pazzo May 23, 2020

Yes, +1

Mad Dog likes this.
  12. dkpw Jun 2, 2020

Like the OP, I've just taken delivery of my Komfit JB bracelet. I went with the horned end links, which reduces the lug gap just enough.

As he says, it is one of the most comfortable bracelets I've ever worn and gives the Speedy that great vintage look. It does take a little getting used to, in terms of releasing the clasp from the buckle, when placing and removing the bracelet. Don't worry though, since after a couple of days, it becomes second nature.

I too was worried, that it may be a hair puller. In wear, no, not at all. However, the recommended method of locking the bracelet requires you to pull the free part taught round your wrist and to then bring the clasp to the buckle - during that operation it can lock onto a hair or two.

It's a great bracelet and in my opinion very fairly priced!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. SurvivingJoe Jun 2, 2020

I found while I rotate the endlink the endlink will scratch the case of my FOIS during the rotation in certain angle but end up no contact eventually.
    So it does scratch if rotation happens, which makes my pleasure compromised. @Forstnerbands

14. dkpw Jun 2, 2020

I have just checked my 3570.50 and there is a gap all the way around.

BTW - I don't post much here but my embedded photo is not appearing in my post above. Do these need to be moderated before they show?

15. Prestonbarnett Jun 2, 2020

Yeah mine did this on my Speedy Pro so I returned it because I didn’t want the case scratched up

16. SurvivingJoe Jun 2, 2020

Thanks for your information w/ Speedy Pro, I'll not install Forstner to my Apollo LE. But will keep it w/ FOIS as daily wear since I figured scratch will not happen as long as I don't rotate the endlink it will stay in good shape on my wrist.

17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 2, 2020

It's instantaneous, there's no moderation involved (although there could some after the post).

How did you insert your photos?

DaveK, dkpw and timecube like this.
  18. dkpw Jun 3, 2020

Thank you very much for the reply. I used the photo icon above the post and linked to an image held on my web site. The image appears when I edit the post, but not when I return to normal viewing mode. The image is 1.1 Mb in size.

komfit.jpg

Wabi-sabi likes this.
  19. dkpw Jun 3, 2020

But I seem to have the hang of it now. I uploaded the image, this time using the add photos button.

:) Thank you once more!

Edited Jun 3, 2020