Forums Latest Members

FS Forstner Komfit 'JB' Mesh Bands - The Iconic bracelet Reborn!

1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 14, 2019

As some of you know I am the official importer and distributor of the new Forstner Bands for the UK and EU.

I have a dedicated website but I expect my stock to sell out fast due to the pre-orders and expression of interest since the Fratello Watches Article

The Komfit Band

The Komfit/JB band was designed first and foremost to be easily adjustable, flexible, and capable of fitting just about anyone. Strapped to the wrist one moment, it could be resized in seconds, or, in the case of emergency, removed with the flick of a finger. As a result, NASA astronauts were permitted to wear the bracelet, and they routinely did so during the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo periods. Like the watch with which it was often worn (the Omega Speedmaster), the Komfit/JB band quickly became synonymous with the early NASA space programs.

However, the brand (and band style) was lost to time; Forstner and Jacoby Bender (which later adopted the style) closed their doors and for decades only vintage models could be sparsely found at exorbitant secondhand prices--until now.

The Forstner Komfit "JB" Mesh Watch Band is Back!

Forstner, a brand once synonymous with the early NASA space program, is back with the product used by many astronauts during the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs: the "Komfit" mesh watch band. We've dubbed this band the "JB" in honor of the Jacoby Bender version that also helped popularize the model.

We've honored the original design to ensure that it still has all the characteristics that gave vintage versions the cult following they deserved, including the unique mesh style, the quick adjustment that allows for a perfect fit, and the interesting clasp. We improved some things as well, in particular, making the band fit perfectly the watch with which it was typically worn in the 1960s - the Omega Speedmaster. No longer is there a "gap" between the end link and the watch lugs; the band is now adjustable between 16 and 20mm (instead of the prior 16-19mm). And, the band is slightly wider at 16mm vs. 15mm in the prior version, to accommodate the wider end piece and fit more contemporary proportions.

Orders and information can be placed for the UK and EU here

www.forstnerbands.co.uk - Priced at £100 plus shipping

Orders and information for the USA, Canada and the Rest of the World here

www.forstnerbands.com - Priced at $125 plus shipping.

If you have any questions please ask. Feedback is not an issue as I have plenty of it so buy with confidence.

DSC_0644_1024x1024_2x_7958e3eb-8778-4e38-b417-7d91a79e8717_1024x1024@2x.jpg DSC_0652_1024x1024_2x_22067bbd-9746-4885-ac68-4d0ba335d6dd_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Edited Dec 14, 2019
    Pazzo and Lonestar like this.
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 30, 2019

Cheeky bump for New Years!

3. doretta59 Dec 30, 2019

I purchased one and absolutely love it, the quality and finish is outstanding. Well done, indeed!

Pinoysurf likes this.
  4. 1972Steve Dec 30, 2019

Just picked one up. Looking forward to it.