Forums Latest Members
  1. Wivac Terribly special Jun 13, 2019

This has been very entertaining for a while now, they haven't exactly covered themselves in glory on Twitter either, and also deciding to go after Motor journo Chris Harris was a super dumb idea.

Foo2rama likes this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 13, 2019

It was.

3. texasmade Jun 22, 2019

Those upgrades everyone brought doesn’t seem to be working. Mercedes is still miles ahead in Q and Hamilton’s only competition, Bottas, was pretty scrappy in Q3. The way things are going right now, Hamilton and Mercedes might have everything locked up with 4 races to go unless someone steps up.

Gasly lucked out this season with the fact that RBR doesn’t want to promote Kvyat or Albon right now.

On the plus side, McLaren is making real progress and Ricciardo is starting to show his form in Renault.

Foo2rama and CJpickup57 like this.
  4. Lurk41 Jun 22, 2019

McLaren's improvement is the most surprising thing for me. They struggled for years, and even what happened in Indy 500 show it is still not the team it is supposed to be, but since the beginning of this F1 season, they are improving race after race

RBR are not able to work the tyre properly since Friday, that explains why they are.. eer.. Verstappen is so close to the midfield. I expect him to give Leclerc and Vettel a hard time in the next races (Silverstone - Hockenheim - Hungaroring...)

5. Wivac Terribly special Jun 22, 2019

Medium tyres could shake the whole race up tomorrow. Wonder how long GAS has left at RBR, same could be asked of Stroll ...oh yeah....

speedydownunder likes this.
  6. texasmade Jun 22, 2019

At what point does the dad step in and tell Lance he’s not good enough and he’s not spending any more money on his F1 career?

The one saving grace for Lance is he’s great at overtaking cars on the opening lap. He’s had a lot of practice by starting from the back with a bunch of cars in front of him to pick off.

KingCrouchy and CJpickup57 like this.
  7. Evitzee Jun 22, 2019

Completely agree .... when you have to start on the front row to have any expectation of a win it really isn't racing. This season has just been one long snore, it's great if you are a MB fan, but for fans who actually want to see cars racing this season is a bust. Wide cars and narrow tracks mean there will be no passing....super boring. I think Vettel has been broken, I don't think he's able to come back now and beat Hamilton one-on-one, Hamilton is just a better, smarter driver.

8. Vega Mike Jun 22, 2019

Like you I have also been watching F1 for 30 years and feel that this season is one of the most boring so far. The way the sport has evolved, the race is virtually now decided on Saturday's qualifying session.

I am all for cutting edge technology in the sport making F1 the premier pinnacle of motor racing, however the focus on aero development has robbed the sport of the wheel to wheel racing/ overtaking that was much more prevalent back when there was more focus on mechanical grip.

9. redpcar Jun 22, 2019

Pray for rain ;)

Vega Mike likes this.
  10. dabbispade Jun 22, 2019

What watch is involved with the formula now?
    Is it still Tag?

11. Vega Mike Jun 22, 2019

How true!

redpcar likes this.
  12. Vega Mike Jun 22, 2019

Richard Mille. They sponsor half the grid.

13. Evitzee Jun 22, 2019

Rolex is the official F1 sponsor. Signage all over the track.

CJpickup57 likes this.
  14. dabbispade Jun 22, 2019

Richards miller or Rolex ?
    Makes more sense if it’s Rolex I would think. RM I mean they cost a lot but they look like shit :)

marco likes this.
  15. texasmade Jun 22, 2019

Rolex sponsors F1. Other brands sponsors teams.
    Mercedes- IWC
    Ferrari- Hublot
    Red Bull- Tag
    Renault- Bell & Ross
    Haas, McLaren, Alfa Romeo- Richard Mille

dabbispade and Evitzee like this.
  16. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 22, 2019

Yup, TW Steel and U-Boat sponsored a team apiece a few years back.

17. Lurk41 Jun 23, 2019

And Casio for Toro Rosso.
    Only Williams is not sponsored by a Watch brand

They are not wider than in the 70's or 80's, while most of the tracks are way wider. So that is not the problem..
    - Too much aero depent, and aero sensitive
    - Shi**y tyres
    - Tracks are very forgiving and you can actually gain time by doing a mistake (being too fast on Parabolica? not a problem anymore)
    - but a mistake on a non-forgiving track like is immediatly penalized by the FIA because you impede the car that was behind

18. rob#1 Jun 23, 2019

This afternoon I watched the highlights of the 2019 Sanya E-Prix, which was an entertaining change to the ho hum of F1 in 2019. Apart from the fact that the Formula E cars look odd and sound like vacuum cleaners on heat, it was an interesting race, with the added novelties such as Attack Mode (where drivers have to steer around the outside of particular corners to trigger a boost) making sure it wasn’t a procession. Some familiar names too, such as Buemi, Vandoorne and Piquet (no, not the old man, though I would have paid to see that :D).

If the current F1 season carries on the way that it is I may switch over... though the thread about the Haas / Rich sponsorship is certainly fascinating ::book::

19. West Slope Jun 23, 2019

Well that was a snoozefest.....even my wife, the diehard Hamilton fan, is starting to question why we watch this parade. Thankfully WSBK is getting interesting again!

MichaelRay likes this.
  20. SouthernScot Jun 23, 2019

I only watched some of the “highlights” that’s enough for me and the run off area colouring made my eyes ache!