Forums Latest Members
  1. Greatoldone Mar 22, 2017

The new season starts this weekend! New rules, new management, new liveries, new pecking order? We'll have a better understanding come Sunday afternoon (Adelaide time). :cool:

Top marks for not giving a stuff goes to Force India... got an ugly car for the championship? Paint it pink, and no one will notice! :p

[​IMG]

My predictions for the championships are Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull - with it all being very close, I see the Ferraris being fast and fragile, and the Mercs hoovering up the most points due to reliability (and their traditional sandbagging in pre season practice)

No hope of winning anything again goes to McLaren. I hope the rumours are true and they walk away from Honda. The glory days of that partnership are way gone.

Mad Dog, Omega1, Tiny Iota and 4 others like this.
  2. Shibata Mar 22, 2017

Cant wait for the new season to start. I am thinking that Mercedes was holding back during testing and practicing. I predict an all Mercedes year as well.

Omega1, Lukeeesteve and Greatoldone like this.
  3. Pahawi Mar 22, 2017

Can't wait either. Looking forward to a great weekend in Barcelona with friends, beers, poker,....:D Magnussen will win it all this year :D

Lukeeesteve and Greatoldone like this.
  4. Lukeeesteve Mar 22, 2017

Looking forward to (my prediction a Ferrari / Mercedes) duel for the title.

Sadly my driver is still driving a Honda :whipped:

Kmart, Greatoldone and Foo2rama like this.
  5. Greatoldone Mar 22, 2017

I'm sure he'll be able to find a deck chair again... IMG_0242.JPG

Rumours that they have a compartment built into the MCL32 that hold a special carbon fibre stool for just these ocassions has yet to be substantiated. Although paddock gossip has it that Red Bull will protest it at Adelaide... :cool:

6. RJwatches Mar 22, 2017

Supporting Red Bull but I'm afraid they're going to get left behind, I think Ferrari and Mercedes will dominate this season with Hamilton winning the Championship (again)

Foo2rama, Greatoldone and Lukeeesteve like this.
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2017

I'm a huge McLaren Honda and Fernando Alonso fan, things are not great for us at all :(

I'm also a 49ers fan... also not great :(:(

8. Kmart Mar 22, 2017

Cant wait! I'll be cheering for Vettel as Jenson is sadly no longer on the grid. Not that Mclaren had given me much to cheer for in recent years anyway...

Greatoldone likes this.
  9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2017

If Ferrari do come out on top as people are predicting may be the case, I'm really hoping Kimi pulls out a blinder of a season and goes out on a high, unlikely but I'd love him to get a second WDC after 10 years.

10. Shibata Mar 22, 2017

Yes... I would love to Kimi have a great season. He has been my favorite for many years.

47a4ca90301d66d043d64ebd68e925ae.jpg

Sculler22, Vulffi, Foo2rama and 3 others like this.
  11. Kmart Mar 22, 2017

I would love to see that. My two favorite drivers (Jenson and Nico) are gone so frankly as long as someone wins who isn't named Hamilton I'll be happy. Mercedes dominating was fun for a while but I'm hoping that all the new regs this year will finally bring about a new WDC/WCC.

Foo2rama, Greatoldone and Shibata like this.
  12. Riviera Paradise Mar 22, 2017

Yep, looks like a Mercedes/Ferrari/Red Bull fight. As Bottas is on a learning curve I certainly expect Ferrari / Redbull to split the Mercedes drivers. After that it is going to be a very strong development race between the top three during the season. In the midfield Williams look to be slightly ahead and Massa seems to be enjoying the extra mechanical grip. Maclaren-Honda unfortunately are completely lost.

Greatoldone likes this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2017

We might beat Sauber... by end of the year... if the Honda improves

:(

Foo2rama, Greatoldone and Shibata like this.
  14. Greatoldone Mar 23, 2017

15. RJwatches Mar 23, 2017

I think Williams also looked quite strong in pre-season, hope Massa will do well in his prolonged last season

Greatoldone likes this.
  16. jaguar11 Mar 23, 2017

Should hopefully be better than recent seasons. The cars look meaner:) It is sad though that Fernando who in my opinion is the best driver in the world can't get a drive in a car worthy of his supreme skills. Very sad IMHO... Start your engines!!!!!!!!!

Greatoldone likes this.
  17. Greatoldone Mar 23, 2017

Kimi still (imho) holds the title for best reply to an interviewer...

Martin Brundle: "You're late to the grid, Kimi - where have you been?"
    Kimi: "Taking a shit..."

Priceless. :D

18. immustard A condiment that loves to chive to thyme songs Mar 23, 2017

Hopefully Bottas is good enough to challenge Hamilton enough that he gets stroppy and gives us some entertainment in interviews ?

Vulffi and Greatoldone like this.
  19. RJwatches Mar 23, 2017

Completely agree, seeing Fernando winning the championship in the Renault was superb

Greatoldone likes this.
  20. Greatoldone Mar 23, 2017