Forums Latest Members

Forgive me for I have sinned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canuck Dec 4, 2021

Six of us recently had dinner at a nice restaurant. Several weeks later, my spouse was talking to one of her friends who indicated that one of our party that evening, had not had any COVID protection. His wife confided this fact to our source. I was disappointed in him for not owning up to his not having taken protection.

Fast forward to today when I got an email from the anti-vaxer that he has finished a five year project, building a magnificent clock of his own design. This meant a slightly veiled invitation to come see it! What to do? He hasn’t had his shots, and I have. I can’t tell him I know he is an anti-vaxer, or he’ll know his wife blabbed. How to handle it, gracefully?

I emailed him and told him that my shots were up to date, but I was recently in contact with someone who later came down with COVID. And I need to find out a/ if it is COVID or a variant, and b/ if it is a variant, am I protected, and c/ am I likely to contract whatever this person has. I can now stall for however long I like, and hopefully get to see the clock when (and if) COVID is behind us.

Does this count as a cardinal sin, or a little white lie?

Duracuir1 and Gav1967 like this.
  2. stonestone Dec 4, 2021

Little white lie. The sin lies with the guy who wasn’t vaccinated and didn’t share that information with you and your group.

Archer, 8100_RPM, rbob99 and 5 others like this.
  3. JwRosenthal Dec 4, 2021

I’m in the little white lie camp. If you want to interact with him, I would just wear a mask in his presence and let him know you are just being careful with people “outside of your immediate circle”. In all honesty, you are more likely more of a threat to him than he is to you.

4. Canuck Dec 4, 2021

I hope I don’t piss off any anti-vaxers who might discover this thread. But my attitude is that, the vast majority who have admitted that COVID is a real threat are finding that things are gradually opening up for them, but are gradually closing down for those who believe it is all a hoax. And that inoculations haven’t been proven. My health is more important to me than ingratiating him by going and seeing his clock! One penalty I am glad to see him suffer for his stubbornness! Even WITH a mask, I won’t be going!

Edited Dec 4, 2021
    lindo, akshayluc420, rbob99 and 2 others like this.
  5. Dan S Dec 4, 2021

I don't blame you at all.

6. JwRosenthal Dec 4, 2021

If everyone had thought that way in May of 2020, we would be talking about this in the past tense (even without a vaccine), but we can only live in the world of what is and not the world of what could/ should have been.

I don’t think any less of people who have chosen to not get vaccinated- they may have their personal reasons. I just approach everyone who I am not very close with as if they haven’t and wear a mask in public places (outdoors at distance is fine unmasked).

For those who refuse to see this as a real public health crisis (vaccine aside) and choose to selfishly flaunt their ideology by forcing their particulate emissions upon the rest of us- well, fuck them.
    This is still very real, and very nasty- just stay cautious and don’t worry about ruffling someone’s feathers.

M'Bob, Larry S, lindo and 11 others like this.
  7. Braindrain Dec 4, 2021

For some reason, I thought this was going to be another thread with a Sinn watch....

8. Canuck Dec 4, 2021

Save the life of an anti-vaxer at the expense of someone dying from, say, cancer because they can’t get the help they need!

One guy I know was a rabid anti-vaxer. He came down with covid AND pneumonia, simultaneously! I hadn’t seen him for a year, until two weeks ago. He had been in intensive care for 16 days because of his illness! Brother, how he has smartened up!

Edited Dec 4, 2021
    marco and Pazzo like this.
  9. Pazzo Dec 4, 2021

At least, he made it through, not like many others!

Awetaylor and JwRosenthal like this.
  10. ghce Dec 5, 2021

I do feel sorry for those that cant get vaccinated for medical reasons it must be a bit scary for them however the rest who wont get the vaccine for reasons of stupidity or selfishness I have no time for and really cant respect their decision at all and it may be a bit harsh but their decision is really just Darwinism in action and eventually we will all benefit from it but how many innocent people will they take down with them.

I have a sister who is a flat earth conspiracy theorist and of course anti Vax as well, they walk amongst us, personally I think its a mental aberration be it genetic or medical, how can people be this stupid.

11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 5, 2021

You don't owe anyone anything Doug.

Your health, and that of your wife is paramount, so doing the right thing is how you'll both stay safe.

You're almost in the same age bracket as myself and possibly have contributing factors that may put you at greater risk (in my case, cancer).

My view is that people can get choose to vaccinate or not, but if they are not vaccinated they're on my shit list and I won't associate with them.
    (My only exceptions are those that have medical grounds, I would still maintain the acquaintance, but would not come into close contact).

I wouldn't bother with little white lies etc, I'd just ignore any further advances and cross him off your Christmas Card list.

Paedipod, Larry S, Foo2rama and 3 others like this.
  12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 5, 2021

As punishment you should buy yourself a nice Sinn. You deserve it :)

DaveK, 8100_RPM and Duracuir1 like this.
  13. ConElPueblo Dec 5, 2021

I don't think any official souces have said differently and it would surprise me if someone pro-vaccination said so. Honestly, the only time I hear it mentioned is when someone against vaccination say that those for vaccination are wrong to assume it being so. A strawman argument of sorts.

I think this marks the first time in internet history that a thread on a watch forum named "I have sinned..." is not about a member getting a new Sinn :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.