Folks! I HAVE FOUND IT! The dumbest, most asinine vintage watch ever made!

I wonder if things like that were made to signify the wearer was above any type of manual labor whatsoever

It's an egg timer!

The model that came out just as the hour-glass versions were being retired.

I am going to need my tailor to "let out" a few of my cuffs. I can't risk looking like a doofus.

And gone.

Auction removed.

Glad you posted the photos here for all time rcs914. Otherwise such an important piece would be lost.

Lots of crazy stuff was made in the 60's, it was a decade when many standards were breeched and the more outrageous people, or products, could be, the better. Just look at some of the rock albums of the era and see how silly and buffoonish many of the bands dressed, think of The Beatles for one. This cue ball watch would have fit right in in the Sgt Pepper setup.

And lets not forget the car designs of the era......fins ruled! They just look silly today.
Edited:

Well ... Fins were more of the Elvis, Buddy Holly era though Chrysler didn't receive the word until after the 1961 model year and Cadillac retained mere vestiges of its signature fins to 1970.

Beatles were fun to observe go through their phases, both musically as well as style. Sold lots of records.
Edited:

Vendome was a manufacturer and distributor of fashion jewellery. That was their main focus. But they did dabble in “popularly priced” fashion watches as well. This one certainly qualifies as outré !

And gone.

Auction removed.

Glad you posted the photos here for all time rcs914. Otherwise such an important piece would be lost.

Link still works for me - Here I shortened it to just the reference number:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234205379364

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Lots of crazy stuff was made in the 60's, it was a decade when many standards were breeched and the more outrageous people, or products, could be, the better. Just look at some of the rock albums of the era and see how silly and buffoonish many of the bands dressed, think of The Beatles for one. This cue ball watch would have fit right in in the Sgt Pepper setup.

And lets not forget the car designs of the era......fins ruled! They just look silly today.
You take that back

Well ... Fins were more of the Elvis, Buddy Holly era though Chrysler didn't receive the word until after the 1961 model year and Cadillac retained mere vestiges of its signature fins to 1970.

Beatles were fun to observe go through their phases, both musically s well as style. Sold lots of records.

Richard Arbib, designer of the Hamilton Electrics worked with Harley Earl to put fins on the 1948 Cadillac. So fins on cars go way further back than the 1960s and 1970s. Cadillac stuck with fins in one form or another, for another 20 years after they introduced them.

Is that a shift knob out of a 70s Camaro?

Run!!! What the crap? Scratch that. Cue up the clown watches.