Forums Latest Members

Flipping my SubC date for an Omega SM PO LM LE?

1. lhawli Mar 21, 2017

Ok, so this may sound like another sub vs SM post but it is not! So for some context...

I currently own a SubC date and a speedy Pro. I plan on acquiring a rolex DJ41 and a GMT master II this year.

So in the spirit of diversifying between rolex and omega (understand I am in a omega forum), do you advice I flip my SubC date for an Omega Seamaster Planer Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition?

That way, I'll have 2 rolex (DJ41 and GMT) and 2 omega (speedy pro and seamaster).

NOTE: this isn't the regular Seamaster PO, it's the limited edition with a ceramic bezel!

Thoughts?

IMG_4012.JPG

2. semper_shells Mar 21, 2017

I like the idea, I'm sort of wired the same way so I get it. Are you looking to trade the Sub for the PO straight up?

3. lhawli Mar 21, 2017

Depending on the condition of the PO LM LE yes, i.e. very clean case, sapphire and bracelet with "red" dot on case back.

Otherwise some cash back to me!

Edited Mar 21, 2017
  4. semper_shells Mar 21, 2017

Consider me intrigued. Is there a particular reference/color you are looking for?

5. lhawli Mar 21, 2017

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand your question! There is only one Omega SM PO LM LE...

6. semper_shells Mar 21, 2017

Don't worry, as soon as I typed it I realized that I am stupid. ::facepalm1::

ConElPueblo, Rodmar and Spy like this.
  7. Morrisdog Mar 21, 2017

The trade sounds good to me..

8. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 21, 2017

I wouldn't move the SubC. Nothing wrong with having 3 Rollies and the Speedy :thumbsup:

sgtpry likes this.
  9. sgtpry Mar 21, 2017

You just got to have a Sub

Buy the PO LE, but keep the Sub :whistling:

Hkolka likes this.
  10. semper_shells Mar 21, 2017

Why is everyone trying to convince him to keep the Sub? (Dibs)

11. Speedmasterfan88 Mar 21, 2017

Do it!

12. Bushido Mar 21, 2017

I'm liking the flip. If you plan on getting the GMT, it will be of similar fit and feel to the Sub C. Thus, in my opinion, a little redundant. The PO LE is very attractive and quite different than any of the others. DJ, GMT, Speedy Pro, and PO sound like a very well rounded collection with some diversity!

semper_shells likes this.
  13. EatMan Mar 22, 2017

I saw your same question at the "other" forum. One thing I know is people here are not myopic or (overly) biased to just give a fanboy point of view.

I have a 5-digit sub and 2500 PO. Love them both.

I prefer non-LE PO but dang, SM PO LE LM is a special watch. There are thousands and thousands of subC but only about 2000 PO LE LM.

I would try to keep both the sub and PO but if I could not do that, I would pull the trigger on PO. They will continue to make subC and you can always buy one back at a reasonable cost. But who knows where PO LE price would go. One of very few modern Omegas that I think will appreciate in value so get it when you can.

You mentioned also getting a GMT soon so if you get the black bezel or BLNR, I think you got the subC look covered.